Upper radiator bracket removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a vacuum leak in a radiator hose which I tested and found. My problem is that the hose is under a metal bracket at the top of the radiator which does not allow me access to the hose. I am trying to remove the bracket, but where the side panels meet it it won’t budge. Is there an extra screw or something I’m missing or do I just need to pry it up? I will include pictures of the bracket and where the leak is. Please help me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It looks like a very small weld is holding on this metal piece. Would it be okay to break it off? Or should I avoid taking off the bracket and remove the radiator instead?

image.jpg

My problem is that the hose is under a metal bracket at the top of the radiator which does not allow me access to the hose.
You sure? I don't mind being wrong but I know not of any radiator hose under that bracket. And I would think a weld means it shouldn't be moved.

You sure? I don't mind being wrong but I know not of any radiator hose under that bracket. And I would think a weld means it shouldn't be moved.
I pressurized the radiator with a pressure tester kit and the coolant was spraying under the metal bracket. The weld is small I think it’s a pinch weld? I am able to break it off by prying at it with a prybar. The whole bracket is still being held in by screws. Would I be better off just taking the radiator out?

It isn’t a hose that’s leaking. It’s the top of my radiator. Do I need to replace the whole thing?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sure it is not the top of radiator leaking?

Ahhhh......YES, replace the radiator.

I have a vacuum leak in a radiator hose which I tested and found. My problem is that the hose is under a metal bracket at the top of the radiator which does not allow me access to the hose. I am trying to remove the bracket, but where the side panels meet it it won’t budge. Is there an extra screw or something I’m missing or do I just need to pry it up? I will include pictures of the bracket and where the leak is. Please help me.

View attachment 2903207

View attachment 2903208

View attachment 2903209

View attachment 2903210
That’s the core support - there’s like 50 spot welds holding that thing in. Not a single coolant line within or near it. Do NOT remove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom