Unknown problem - noise while driving/turning, VSC issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. I’ve been reading these forums for many many years and usually find the solution to my problems. I’ve had Bj and fj40 s for many years and they are straight forward. Even my fj cruiser I used to own seemed straight forward. I do mechanic work on my bj40 but the newer models are too complex for me.

Which leads me to this. 5 months ago I bought a 100 series 2000 model land cruiser. Vx diésel version. Recently I took it to get a ball joint replaced. When I got it back it was making a low jingle or rattle. As I’ve driven it trying to diagnose it I simply can’t. Here’s what’s happening. There are 3 symptoms. First the sound when driving slow or accelerated speeds. Second is sometimes when you make a sharp turn the rig makes like a pop. And third and probably the crux of the problem is when it came to me the vsc button was pushed in. I assume that means it’s of but if I press the button to I think turn on idk because the vsc light isn’t coming on (new too) it begins to make a grinding sound like it’s trying but not engaging or disengaging.

None of this was happening prior to getting the ball joint repaired and I don’t know if it’s a switch or something. My mechanic as I live in Costa Rica idk about him. It’s really difficult to find a good mechanic where I live. I want to ask if anyone has experienced this problem or any tech out there who can offer advice for what it may be. I also want to learn more about this vehicle because it seems more complex than other models I’ve owned. Any tips further questions, knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I’m not even all to sure what the button function actually is. Thank you for your time in advance.

100 series front end noises could be :

CV Joint
Steering Rack
Sway bar bushings
control arm bushings - upper and/or lower
ball joint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom