Unknown Fluid…Red and Sticky. Odd location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Sep 8, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
32
Location
Indiana
I recently did a suspension service (inner snd outer tie rods) and got an alignment. I took it for a 20 min drive just to let the cruiser settle and see if there was any noticeable changes. After sitting for about 3 hours, I went out and saw a fluid coming down from the torsion bar on the driver side.

It’s red in color and a bit sticky. It seems like the drip is coming right under the driver side footwell. Here’s a couple pictures. It looks like it dripped and ran down toward the front torsion bar mount.

The transfer case, oil pan, and everything seems very dry from the underside. My power steering fluid looks good. I have a new radiator that seems to be using up a good amount of coolant but this is the first time I’ve seen a drip here Any help is appreciated.

IMG_0379.webp


IMG_0381.webp


IMG_0386.webp


IMG_0385.webp


IMG_0384.webp
 
Last edited:
Transmission fluid is red...? Did you check the dipstick and breather vents for the trans?
 
Transmission fluid is red...? Did you check the dipstick and breather vents for the trans?
I didn’t check the dip stick for the trans or the breather vents. Are you saying breather vents to see if there’s any leak at the breather bolt? Or is the breather vents different than the hex bolt on the top of the trans?
 
check your heater "T"s
in the second pic above where the torsion bar connects to the lower A arm, can't tell if all the hardware is attached
 
Agree with others. Leaky heater tees would make sense given both of conditions (losing coolant and location of drip.) Trans fluid would be a long shot.

Cruiser Patch usually has the nice metal heater tees in stock ready to ship.
 
Last edited:
Agree with others. Leaky heater tees would make sense given both of conditions (loosing coolant and location of drip.) Trans fluid would be a log shot.

Cruiser Patch usually has the nice metal heater tees in stock ready to ship.
So you’re thinking it’s leaking at the front down that heat shield and then dripping? Is it right above the torsion bar mount? Might need some help on placement.
 
If they are original, they will need to be replaced.
 
Prob a good idea to include a photo to better show exact location under the hood or other areas along with year, make & model of your 100 series. (maybe I missed it)

But yea prob just new hoses and clamps hopefully no blockage is the cause. I assume that's going to the rear heater core.

Edit: And prob replace heater T's but those are not shown in these photos.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom