Underhood source of ignition switched power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there something sensible to get this off of, or do I need to relay something off the battery? I'm putting a blue sea fuse panel under there for my light bars, locker relay, etc. I want to get rid of all the fuse taps that I can.

I'd hook a 10 ga (or larger if needed) wire up to the battery and run it to a circuit breaker either on top of the battery or nearby. Then, have it go to a relay that is triggered by a single fuse tap into an IGN ON circuit. You can then continue the feed wire wire to your Blue Sea panel.

Another option (which I ultlized) would be to skip the realy between the battery and panel and have the panel be always-hot (mine is fed by 6 ga wire) but have the switches for your accessories get power from an ignition-on source. I have a separate relay and fuse panel under the dash (triggered by a fuse tap into the cigarette lighter circuit) that feeds those switches and other interior accessories. So I only have a single fuse tap in my whole aux electric build. You could also skip the relay inside and just hook the switches straight up to the fusetap (if you aren't installing other accessories).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom