For Sale Undercoating Chicagoland IL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hit me up if you're looking to get your truck undercoated with Fluid Film. I'm not aware of anyone doing this professionally (I am not a professional) in Chicagoland so I figured I'd offer it up. I have the spray kit and I do it out of my garage for mod money. If you bring a 4X4 Toyota it's $75. Usually my rate is $100. I have the wands for inside the frame and I shoot as much as is needed, including under the hood. Appointment only (I work midnights at my real job) and I have days off during the week and every other weekend. This is just my side hustle and I want to prevent that nasty Chicago road salt from rusting out your vehicles.

Fluid Film is a lanolin based wet oil application rust proofing, look it up on YouTube or google, if you have any questions feel free to PM or post below. I am not affiliated with Fluid Film but I did a lot of research on rustproofing after watching what the road salt did to my old FJ after 10 years in this climate. No prep required, no need to wire brush existing rust off the undercarriage. Bring it over and I'll spray it in no time.

Located in Wheaton IL 60187

PM me for contact info and please be patient, I sleep during the day...

$75

Last edited:
Haha more oil is better right?

I have done this to my own vehicles. I'd gladly pay $75. Well worth it!

After it sits for a week or so, spray the bottom and you are left with a film on everything that protects. It never drys, and doesnt come off. Just leaves a waxy film

Take your door panels off and spray in the doors also (windows up!!!) and in the tailgate

Last edited:
I want crazy on my 200 (first time using this stuff) it was dripping and smoking off the headers for a few days afterwards. It's pretty awesome stuff, I can't believe undercoating isn't more of a "thing" around Chicago. I guess most people don't keep their vehicles as long as we do. If I got a new car every 3-5 years I wouldn't bother either.

I can't believe this stuff clings so well, Fluid Film recommends re application every year but I can't believe it'll only last 12 months. I bet it's more like 18-24 mos or more depending on how often you drive it.

I get the annual Krown spray which is $129, but man I wish I was close to Chicago as Fluid Film is the bomb and that price is great. Thanks for offering that to members. Awesome deal!

Yeah, when I was researching for my own vehicle I came across the Krown stuff. Looks like it's not not available in Canada and the Northeast. Seems like there's a market here but people just don't care / know what a cheap and smart mole investment this stuff is.

Sub'd, visit friends in Oak Park often and will hit you up my next time through, this is a great idea!

For sure, I grew up in Oak Park. Born at West Suburban Hospital. I'm straight west on Roosevelt Ave.

Replied, cheers :beer:

$75
$75

Hit me up if you're looking to get your truck undercoated with Fluid Film. I'm not aware of anyone doing this professionally (I am not a professional) in Chicagoland so I figured I'd offer it up. I have the spray kit and I do it out of my garage for mod money. If you bring a 4X4 Toyota it's $75. Usually my rate is $100. I have the wands for inside the frame and I shoot as much as is needed, including under the hood. Appointment only (I work midnights at my real job) and I have days off during the week and every other weekend. This is just my side hustle and I want to prevent that nasty Chicago road salt from rusting out your vehicles.

Are you still doing this? I know we're well into the cold here in chicagolandia but I just got mu hands on a Nissan R50. I found this forum via this thread!
Cheers!

Eric

$75
$75

Are you still doing this? I know we're well into the cold here in chicagolandia but I just got mu hands on a Nissan R50. I found this forum via this thread!
Cheers!

Eric

This sounds great! I'm about to PM.

I’m just about done for the season. If you’re interested shoot me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom