Unbelievably basic question re: antifreeze (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is a good container to mix your antifreeze in? Any old bucket or are there some materials that would polute the coolant?

I pour a little distilled water and coolant into the radiator and then mix the remaining in the original containers. pour the mixed in and you can mix some more in the empty water and coolant containers...

What I usually do is buy a gallon of coolant and 2 gallons of distilled water. I water the plants with half of a gallon of distilled water and then pour half the antifreeze in the half full distilled water container. Then fill the half full antifreeze jug with distilled water from the unused gallon. When done I have 2 gallons of 50/50 mix and half a gallon of distilled water.

It kind of reminds me of the third Die Hard movie, but you get the idea.

Have never had problems storing antifreeze in a plastic distilled water jugs (I just label it with "50/50" and keep it away from the dogs).

Riley

I've never mixed antifreeze before putting it into a vehicle. I just add equal parts (assuming 1:1 ratio) of distilled water and antifreeze. It will get thoroughly mixed the first time you run the engine.

I've never mixed antifreeze before putting it into a vehicle. I just add equal parts (assuming 1:1 ratio) of distilled water and antifreeze. It will get thoroughly mixed the first time you run the engine.

I had thought of that but wasn't sure if there it would cause problems. Sounds like the easiest solution to me. Thanks.

bhmmapping;[URL="c2c://14083128620" said:
3128620][/URL]I pour a little distilled water and coolant into the radiator and then mix the remaining in the original containers. pour the mixed in and you can mix some more in the empty water and coolant containers...

x2, i would keep the mixing in the coolant containers, less chance of someone using a contaminated water jug

X2, method I've always used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom