UC Bender (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
UC has bought a bender.

It's a Pro-Tools HD 105. Comes loaded with 2" and 1" dies. Jim at Solid Rock Off-Road was nice enough to sell us his bender.

105_p1.jpg

There will be a couple of rules David and I have worked out to try to makeup for the cost of it.

Alan, Gehn, Steve and myself donated to it. So we will of course get first right of use.

It will be stored either at Alans shop or my Warehouse. For the first couple of months I will work out the storage details so plan on it being at my warehouse. It will be available for pickup M-F 8-5 and if I'm around on weekends. You can call me to arrange pickup.

UC will charge a $30 fee to use the bender. Fee can only be done through paypal. UC@828rugs.com If you don't know how to use Pay-pal let us know we will walk you through.

Upon picking up the bender you must provide a check for $700 dollars. It will not be cashed unless you decide to skip town. In that case I will hunt you down as well as 129 other UC members.

Rental is for 2 weeks. It must be back by two weeks. If you need it longer and no one has rented it the following week you can keep it for an addition week free of charge.

It is for UC members only.

Things not to do that will get your use revolked and action from the officers.

Don't use it to make projects for money.
It is to be used for your project only. Not your friends or other UC members who have not paid the rental fee.
Don't loan it to someone. If I suspect you have loaned it out I may come see you unannounced and ask to see it.
Don't leave it outside.
Return it in the same condition you got it in. You break something go to Pro-tools website and order a new piece.

UC has no problem for a group of members getting together to bend up tube one weekend. Just make sure each of you has paid. $30 is nothing compared to what it would cost you to have someone else do it.

Once UC makes back it's money the rental price will go down significantly.

The whole idea of having a club bender was to provide a tool where we could have a safe vehicle and help protect them.

In the next few weeks I will weld up a way for it to be mounted behind a reciever hitch for ease of use.

Last edited:
Upon picking up the bender you must provide a check for $700 dollars. It will not be cashed unless you decide to skip town. In that case I will hunt you down as well as 129 other UC members.

Sweet - can Dan and I be in charge of the 'hunting?' :grinpimp:

This was a great idea Marshall. Safety first! I'll be bending up a cage for my Pig and will definately need some help at some point. Since I just had a HAMOM a few months ago I'll let others go first and get their bending done. :cheers:

Oh - and lets start shopping to find the best deal on tubing. The metal shop that I frequent has been giving me good deals. What should I ask him for a quote on? 2 inch DOM and what wall thickness?

ETA - what would it cost to get a 1.5 inch die?

Sweet - can Dan and I be in charge of the 'hunting?' :grinpimp:

This was a great idea Marshall. Safety first! I'll be bending up a cage for my Pig and will definately need some help at some point. Since I just had a HAMOM a few months ago I'll let others go first and get their bending done. :cheers:

Oh - and lets start shopping to find the best deal on tubing. The metal shop that I frequent has been giving me good deals. What should I ask him for a quote on? 2 inch DOM and what wall thickness?

ETA - what would it cost to get a 1.5 inch die?

Awesome!

The best price for DOM i found i Greenville is Specialty Steel: 299-8771.
I only asked about 2"-1/4" wall DOM, and it is $10.25/ft + $20 flat rate to cut it down so you can get it home. I don't believe there is a minimum purchase either, but that should be double checked...

Great!!

So, one question.

Since me and jfz80 are roommates and there is another UC member just about 5 minutes from our house, and we decide over a weekend to add tube to my sliders, add a tube to steve's roll cage, and add a tube to jfz80's piggy, it will cost us $90 instead of $30 since there are three UC members using it? plus the cost of gas to drive 3 hours to greenville and pick it up and 3 hours back? Did i read that right?

Don't get me wrong, i'm totally not bashing the idea, just making sure i understand correctly and trying to decide if it would be cheaper for the 3 of us to pitch in and buy our own.

Correct but if you all three rented it back to back you could have it for 6 weeks.

True Dat! that would give me a good reason to make the trip down to one of the meetings too. hmmmmm......:bounce:

Nice!!!!

Can we rent it and come up and get you or others to help me build what I want/need done?

This is somethign I have been considering but didnt see a reason to really spend the $ for the limited use I would give it.

Let me know details and I would like to get in line for use.

Did some business with Smith Metal Fab today on 276 in Gville behind Duke Sandwich Co - have to plug them again - Michael Smith (owner) hooked me up. He is going to price out 100' of 2x0.25 inch DOM. He will have a price within a couple of days.

Nice!!!!

Can we rent it and come up and get you or others to help me build what I want/need done?

This is somethign I have been considering but didnt see a reason to really spend the $ for the limited use I would give it.

Let me know details and I would like to get in line for use.

See my first post. Thats all I have right now.

Maybe we can see who is interested in using it in the future and have a demo one weekend??
I have no clue how to use it, would love to watch someone else who has the knowledge bending.

Maybe we can see who is interested in using it in the future and have a demo one weekend??
I have no clue how to use it, would love to watch someone else who has the knowledge bending.

Now thats what I was getting at I dont want to get it and have 2 weeks to waste stick after stick of tube and then have to get it again after I possibly figure out what I am doing.

I am in for using it though. Do I need to go ahead and pay up so I can get in line for picking my times or just wait until we get more details worked out?

just one of many reasons to join...

sounds like you guys are headed in the rigght direction of groupness, ,,,,, Ive been out of the loop for a long while but had to comment on this move,, it is a great idea, and very cool!

congrats guys!

bob

Talked to Jim last night

and our check cleared (imagine that!). The bender has been boxed (with the instructions) and will likely be shipped out soon.

sounds like you guys are headed in the rigght direction of groupness, ,,,,, Ive been out of the loop for a long while but had to comment on this move,, it is a great idea, and very cool!

congrats guys!

bob

Hey Bob how are you doing? How is the restaurant? I cannot tell you how many times I have heard "Where is Bob?"

Hope all is well and we can get you out on a ride and relax and and have a few cold ones.

If we are all going to be using this, why not get together and do a group buy on some tube? I know I would be up for it. Just need to figure out how much tube everything I want to make will take. Well that and learn how to use the bender.

Sliders, rear 1/4 protection, front bumper, and possibly tube fenders. Maybe a roof rack and welding cart with the 1".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom