Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm on Long Island! We've chatted before, ego.auto on IG, though I've been a bit MIA over there :) Hope I can finally meet you in person at the next NYC meet!
Ah totally cool - I am still working out a gremlin in my Prado and I think I have finally after having my Prado back out on the road after more than a year of her sitting.The timing control sensor on my fuel pump I think is the cause if all the issues. I have the part - and even though it's only 2 bolts - it might be easier to remove the IP to replace the sensor.Its in a spot that's impossible to reach without removing brackets and hardlines.I have been driving her a few weeks now - will need to see the Prado's side by side!

I realize this has been tried before but with the increasing number of 70 Series in the U.S., I thought I would give it another shot. If you live in the U.S. ( nothing personal Canada ) and own a 70 Series can you post the type and state in which you reside. Feel free to post a photo. Hopefully we can get an accurate count as to how many have been imported.
Thanks.......
1993 J78 (KZJ78W) imported from Japan.
IMG_4649.jpeg

Been getting muddy with my RHD KZJ78 In the Catskills - got her running good and now need to upgrade the shocks as they are almost as old as my Prado - When your ready for a Landy workout .........
IMG_20230619_105608_219.jpg
20230618_123733.jpg

I have a house near Saugerties/Kaaterskill falls - we have a few places we go in Greene,Columbia and Ulster counties - will keep you in the loop

Hello,

What is the story with that Volvo?

Just curious.

Juan

Hello,

What is the story with that Volvo?

Just curious.

Juan
Check out my video clip from last sunday -This Volvo now has a rear locker and pretty much goes wherever we go.I have had to pull him out of some mud on one of our trail days but he keeps building it out to go over anything in 2 wheel drive

Last edited:
Hello,

Impressive.

Incidentally, one of the first rear lockers I ever saw, ages ago, was on a Volvo truck. There was a caution plate next to the switch: use only on slippery roads, preferably over snow or ice.

How much lift does it have?

Juan

Hello,

Impressive.

Incidentally, one of the first rear lockers I ever saw, ages ago, was on a Volvo truck. There was a caution plate next to the switch: use only on slippery roads, preferably over snow or ice.

How much lift does it have?

Juan
Check out his Instagram #volvolander and ask him .I don't know all the details as he has constantly changed his set up and expiremented with many different things on this rig -
Screenshot_20230625_155558_Gallery.jpg

Check out his Instagram #volvolander and ask him .I don't know all the details as he has constantly changed his set up and expiremented with many different things on this rig -View attachment 3360672
Hello,

Thank you. I will check it,

I am sorry for the hijack.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom