Two Piece Speedometer Cables (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am glad you resolved this Terry. I got your message regarding the cables, but do not have any, which is why I did not call you back.

Thanks for posting a source for this part. If you also listed the required lengths in millimeters, many folks down the road will benefit from this resource.

Jacob is a pretty cool guy. I measured the upper cable to short. He told me to simply mail it back and is shipping me a longer one tomorrow at no cost except for shipping . I'm a better to be too long than too short. He will need pics of your speed
I am glad you resolved this Terry. I got your message regarding the cables, but do not have any, which is why I did not call you back.

Thanks for posting a source for this part. If you also listed the required lengths in millimeters, many folks down the road will benefit from this resource.
ill let you do the conversion. For my early 76 I ordered an 83 inch lower and a 38 inch upper. I'm not familiar with earlier years but I am aware that the speedmaker is different and maybe I'm a different location. Measure twice, cut once.

Have you looked inside your speedmarker? Somewhere on the forum @pardion shared a pic or two of the guts. Very interesting.

Have you looked inside your speedmarker? Somewhere on the forum @pardion shared a pic or two of the guts. Very interesting.
Funny you should ask. I started to disassemble it but thought better of it. I don't even know if it works. I just don't want to worry about the Smog guy not passing the visual.

IIRC, John said there was a second odometer inside, making it the only cruiser you could check for rollback.

how are they working out for you?
just found my speed marker in a box and bolted it back in....for nothing more than looks, but if your cables are holding up i'll order a set.

how are they working out for you?
just found my speed marker in a box and bolted it back in....for nothing more than looks, but if your cables are holding up i'll order a set.
Funny you should ask... they worked great but I went back to a single cable. The smog guy didn’t even look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom