turbo PI test 1997 HZJ75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HZJ60 Guy said:
Im interested in your system Wayne"O"

TB

Afternoon TB,

you to contact me direct at wayne@crushersrule.com

i will not be looking at selling these till after i have given the test unit a good run. i think a run from Calgary to Pismo is just the ticket.

cheers
Wayne

Pi

Hey Wanye
What product / company / model are you running? I have always wondered how an IDI would respond to a little bit of propane. Hope it works out can't wait to see some more longer term results. Keep us posted

-NS

Hey Wayne, dont mean to be a stick in the mud, but that email you got from the dealer didnt really address pre cup pressure issues did it?

TB

Afternoon
actually in a way it did. no extra pressure or heat so there would be no detriment side effects UNLESS you played with the settings then damage can occure...
at least that is what i got out of it...
cheers
Wayne

crushers said:
Brad:
the system puts out 2cfm at max boost. it can be adjusted up to 3cfm but i have been told for my application what i am running is fine and safe.

wow, mine claims 5.0cfm at 20psi...

crushers said:
Afternoon
actually in a way it did. no extra pressure or heat so there would be no detriment side effects UNLESS you played with the settings then damage can occure...
at least that is what i got out of it...
cheers
Wayne

Then where does the extra power come from if no extra heat or pressure is being created? Where is that energy coming from? I know that typically when using PI you get lower EGTs because of the more efficient burn, but that also translates into more cylinder pressure...or maybe a more constant cylcinder pressure and therefore more power???

interesting

See ya at Pismo Wayne......

Rob

we are meeting just south of SF at about 10 am. my cell is 403-701-8058, if you are anywhere near there just call and lets run all down together. we hope to arrive at Pismo at about 3.30. Brett (who used to be in Calgary) is meeting us at 10 and i think Daryl from Edmonton is also meeting up about then.
i am off now so have a safe trip, look forward to putting a face to the name...
cheers
Wayne

DAMN IT! I WANT TO GO!

Butt, I am CRUISERLESS IN SEATTLE!

RATS!

Have a good time.

TB

Damm it, Wayne, that thing kicks butt! A must have for me :)

Dave

beanz2 said:
Damm it, Wayne, that thing kicks butt! A must have for me :)

Dave

thanks Dave, it is a real blast to drive. after 5800 km to and from Pismo i can safely say that it performs and rides beautifully.
tomorrow i will give the fuel and performance figures for the trip.
short version:
worst fuel milage 16.9 UK mpg at 90 mph
best fuel milage was 23.6 mpg at 60 mph with Brett driving.
cheers
BTW, just loved Pismo, too much fun!!
Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom