Turbo 1fzfe help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just recently put together a 1fzfe turbo build and was wonder about vacuum routing. Already blew out the valve cover gasket form the boost going through the PVC system. Can I just vent the crank case system with some type of oil catch system. Any help would be great. Still new to turbo scenario

Details on the turbo set up ? US spec OBD II 80 ? I routed the PCV over and tied into the brake booster line on my SCd truck so as to not be pressurizing my crankcase.

I have no idea what the answer to you question is, but I would love to see a video of that bad dude spooling up. :popcorn:

Details on the turbo set up ? US spec OBD II 80 ? I routed the PCV over and tied into the brake booster line on my SCd truck so as to not be pressurizing my crankcase.
Yes USA spec OBD2. But has 93 1fzfe engine with the crank sensor swapped over. Can I just put breathers on the valve cover and run it without a Pcv?

Route the PVC and Crank case to a catch can and then pre-turbo. stuff in red.
Or if you want to smell the nasty stuff vent to air.
tempFileForShare_20191116-202943.jpg

I think ill be running this, catch can to air.

20191116_202810.jpg

Have a pic of how its set up now?
How much boost?

No pictures at the moment. Still a my friends garage. Is this your set up? Also where did you go with the hose from the throttle body.

Goes to the waste gate.

I would back that down from 10PSI unless you have you checked you air to fuel ratio.

Is that a CX Racing kit?

Goes to the waste gate.

I would back that down from 10PSI unless you have you checked you air to fuel ratio.

Is that a CX Racing kit?
Yes it is a cx racing kit. It's not really worth the money in my opinion. Going to be looking into a better turbo, possibly smaller one. I have one from a 5.9 12v cummins that I might fab up to fit. No a fan of the turbo lag it has at the moment.

Most questions have been answered. You will want to vent those lines out of your VC to an air/water/oil separator. Best to have a 1 way valve in it so you don't have a big vacuum leak or plumb it to pre-turbo. You will also want to address the other vacuum lines that shouldn't see positive pressure.

Yeah a 76mm turbo is way too big. 60-62mm is the sweet spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom