Tube bender. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My eyes have shifted towards front seat brackets. Wanna use round tube. Its time for a tube bender. Have never used one,
Does one get a starter kit first or go with the one that's the best. $1400 hundred seems steep.
Dont mind using some elbow grease, but the thought of an auto is exciting too.

Make your own?

My motto: "If you buy cheap, you buy it twice"... Get something good the first time. I was lucky to find a used JDM bender local and then added an air/hydraulic cylinder with the SWAG Offroad kit. JDM, Protools, Eastwood seem to be good quality. It's the dies, where money is usually spent, so the money for the bender itself is almost irrelevant.

Watched several YouTube videos on making square tubing dies and benders. Some of the easiest and cheapest were conduit type benders with a rib made of small square stock fastened into the valley or trough of the bender. Evidently, putting that concavity to the inside of a bend of square tubing is pretty key.

I am going to be making my own sliders and bumpers so I think i will need something that makes it easier than harder. I ahve tried to make a bender a while back and it did not make things easier.
Of coarse that may because it was me trying but all the same I ve only got me :)

Watched several YouTube videos on making square tubing dies and benders. Some of the easiest and cheapest were conduit type benders with a rib made of small square stock fastened into the valley or trough of the bender. Evidently, putting that concavity to the inside of a bend of square tubing is pretty key.
That’s was how I built mine, those videos made it looks a little easier than my experience. That being said it worked
I am going to be making my own sliders and bumpers so I think i will need something that makes it easier than harder. I ahve tried to make a bender a while back and it did not make things easier.
Of coarse that may because it was me trying but all the same I ve only got me :)
If I can build one it’s not that hard. Mine was only good for 1" and didn’t work perfectly, but I was able to build a basket for my swing out. I built it out of scrap I found in the shop at work. Had I needed it for more projects I would have spent a little more on the materials of the bender itself. Actually I have another 15’ of 1" square tube...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom