Trying to identify connectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ADZ

Threads
Hi everybody,

I bought my LC80 without a radio and it is getting time to do something about it.
I found a bunch of connectors and since I am not that technical I hope you guys can help me. Besides connectors I have some receivers (I guess) on my windshield. Any ideas?

Connectors (extra?).jpg

Connectors (original).jpg

Windshield 1.jpg

Windshield 2.jpg

Not what aftermarket radio antenna thing that is but the grey connectors is what you want to use for a new radio, the white is for the stock oem radio. You can get the adapters for the greys ones from almost anywhere that sells decks.

Disconnect the factory amp as well in the passenger kick panel.

Disconnect the factory amp as well in the passenger kick panel.

Thanks for your replies. I didn't get the quoted one though. I couldn't find the kick panel as a starter. Can you explain it in a little bit more detail, including the meaning/advantage?

Thanks a lot.

BTW: I thought, maybe the antenna-things are are for DAB+? (the car is from Japan, maybe they have different stuff down there).

Ya not sure. But if you drop the glove box and remove the passenger side kick panel in the front seat its a small maybe 3"x5" box, just unconnect and remove if desired. Too many years since Iremoved mine and never took pics, but it will be right there. If you truck is 3x locked that is where the locker ECU is as well. Dont bother trying to make the factory amp and white connection work (you can, but not worth it). THe grey plugs like said you can get from anywhere, pretty standard harness for toyota. Whatever deck you choose will come with its harness that will mate to those (butt crimp the 12 or so wiress and just plug it into the grey connecters). One grey is for Constant power, switched power, antenna, etc; the 2nd grey connector is the speaker. It will make sense once you have the harness. Search around here more, tons of write-ups and pics on the subject.

One :banana: job. Takes me longer to remove the dash to get to everything than the rest.

Reactions: ADZ
Oh and I would strip out all the other "stuff". No clue, and probably not worth using if I had to guess.

Ya not sure. But if you drop the glove box and remove the passenger side kick panel in the front seat its a small maybe 3"x5" box, just unconnect and remove if desired. Too many years since Iremoved mine and never took pics, but it will be right there. If you truck is 3x locked that is where the locker ECU is as well. Dont bother trying to make the factory amp and white connection work (you can, but not worth it). THe grey plugs like said you can get from anywhere, pretty standard harness for toyota. Whatever deck you choose will come with its harness that will mate to those (butt crimp the 12 or so wiress and just plug it into the grey connecters). One grey is for Constant power, switched power, antenna, etc; the 2nd grey connector is the speaker. It will make sense once you have the harness. Search around here more, tons of write-ups and pics on the subject.

One :banana: job. Takes me longer to remove the dash to get to everything than the rest.

I do not know why but a car radio scares me L0L I want something else in mine but fear it, but I'll rip the body off stuff a cummins and do not sweat it

I kind of found out that these are old television antennas (not supported anymore though). I still can give it a try to use it for communicating with aliens :)

I found some ISO cable adapter which allows me to connect the other connectors to a modern radio.
(I'm thinking to go for this one: Spotify Nav & Multimedia Systems • DMX7018DABS Specifications • Kenwood UK )

Thanks for thinking along. I will post a picture as soon as it is installed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom