Wanted Troopy/wagon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im starting my search for a HZJ78 troopy.Im interested in a lwb suv cruiser that I can set up for camping/traveling.Stock or built,gas or diesel.It must be a clean solid rig.I will consider importing to Canada but have no idea on the details of importing/exporting a vehicle into Canada at this time.I have a clean low km 1st gen 4x4 scab Tacoma I could work into the deal if interested..I may also consider a 1st gen 4runner(no ifs),possibly a cool lwb bj,fj..thank you.

Last edited:
What’s your budget?

Don't you lucky Canadians only need to wait for a car to be 15 years old to import? (we unlucky Americans have to wait 25 years). Easy to find 15 year old HZJ78's in Europe with LHD if you have the budget. Just looked, and there's several available today on various European websites--dealers and private sellers. I can connect you with a European service that will inspect, buy, and transport the car within Europe, as well as deliver it to the port and send it on its way to you. I've never imported a car to Canada, but I can't imagine it's much different than bringing them into the USA, which I've done several times.

Don't you lucky Canadians only need to wait for a car to be 15 years old to import? (we unlucky Americans have to wait 25 years). Easy to find 15 year old HZJ78's in Europe with LHD if you have the budget. Just looked, and there's several available today on various European websites--dealers and private sellers. I can connect you with a European service that will inspect, buy, and transport the car within Europe, as well as deliver it to the port and send it on its way to you. I've never imported a car to Canada, but I can't imagine it's much different than bringing them into the USA, which I've done several times.
What sites do you look into in Europe? I fine most of the sites I come across in EDM don't have much pre 1998 ( for us unlucky Americans )

Have you heard of some troop carriers being brought from Africa into Spain and sold again for export outside of Europe?

2000s models, even post 2010s

Thank you! I just saw this post was from 2019.... Id like to purchase something already in the US but have been on the hunt for the right 70 troopy or 60 12HT LHD..having a hard time in the States since the "overland" boom and people wanting to buy off road personality with these trucks... becoming harder to find un messed with rigs.

@ToyotaDyna has a very nice looking 1998 troopy, and a 1989 HJ61 (12HT) sourced on his instagram page- @canarianlandcruiserexports. His website url doesn't seem to be working, but his email is listed on his instagram page or you can DM him. Other mud members have used him and been very pleased with the vehicles he sourced for them. Do your homework and ask lots of questions.

I just saw one in his insta page, troopy beije from 2007.
Exactly what I am looking for.

Do you know how much they normally cost as a minimum and max range? As is, no repairs.

No idea about costs, I would send him a message about what you want, and see what he has leads on. A troopy is not going to be cheap, especially if in good condition. Also, all links that @gilmorneau posted will give you a good idea on costs and what is available in Europe. I think he has a contact that can do inspections and arrange shipping and export.

I have found a guy supposedly getting troppies in rough shape for 20k euros, into Spain .
The guy is weird, his communication, horrible, even in Spanish, his supposed native language. maybe a scam, who knows.

I don't mind a 2000s one in rough shape as long is not very crusty with rust.
My plan would be to get it from Spain to portugal, and do all the repairs there. Only then, ship it to Canada, or figure out another way to register it, and drive it in north Africa.

Oh God, I know how much he is selling that troopy, i found it on scout24.
46k€
Completely out of my budget.
I would need to get it at 25k€ and see if 5k would be enough to take care of the mechanical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom