Trip Report - 3rd Annual 100s in the Hills (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in the same boat... Thinking about pricing the difference between a upper ball replacement, versus Total Chaos UCA. Not much meat left on the bone between the two if you're doing both sides!

I just picked up some TC uppers. Installing today.

I don't see Black Bear either.

I saw them yesterday. I had some great footage of you until I erased it. :(

DOOOOOH!!!
Thats the thanks I get, I see how it is...LOL
I thought maybe there were too many photos in the folder so I took all the Black Bear photos and moved them to a new folder and aptly named it Black Bear. Also you guys should check out the photos near the end of the "2nd try" folder. There are some of the founders run that I got to be a part of (Thanks guys). The guys took last dollar road and we got some really cool shots of their trucks and the last dollar ranch. Even some pics of the huge elk herd. I just got on GDrive and all the pics were there and they worked so here's try what..9...who knows?

DOOOOOH!!!
I thought maybe there were too many photos in the folder so I took all the Black Bear photos and moved them to a new folder and aptly named it Black Bear. Also you guys should check out the photos near the end of the "2nd try" folder. There are some of the founders run that I got to be a part of (Thanks guys). The guys took last dollar road and we got some really cool shots of their trucks and the last dollar ranch. Even some pics of the huge elk herd. I just got on GDrive and all the pics were there and they worked so here's try what..9...who knows?

Man your pics are pretty good! Makes me wish we didn't skip Black Bear!

Yep, we saved the best trail to last!

DOOOOOH!!!

BlackBear pics are great! Nice work.

^^ Theres just something about that first pick I really like!
I noticed looking at the black bear photos that my RTT looked out of place. Walked out to the driveway for a look and sure enough, the tent moved about 4-6" to the passenger side. I think this was this obstacle that did it.

I heard an Australian call this the "phantom dingo syndrome" when his 70 series reared up like that :)

attachment.php

Is there a story connected to this picture? Looks like a gnarly climb!
(edit - Google blocked the link)
DSC00270.JPG

You guys are really blowing my mind with these pics. I feel like I gotta be there next year. Thanks!
Linc

Last edited:
Is there a story connected to this picture? Looks like a gnarly climb!

I've got a video of that in my folder in the drive account for this trip.

As the story goes, it rained and s*** got hairy.

I am starting to work on a video of the trip. It will feature video, and pictures.

It will be good...see you all next year :)

I am starting to work on a video of the trip. It will feature video, and pictures.

It will be good...see you all next year :)

I'm here right now.... I'll just stay til next year.

It was ONE Hundred in the Hills. Plenty of room in the camp spot, totally dry and full of sunshine.

image-1849409782.jpg

Spoiled! I'm only 14 hrs drive away lol... Enjoy it all before the snow hits!

Spoiled! I'm only 14 hrs drive away lol... Enjoy it all before the snow hits!

The snow is already here. A lot of the passes are closed. Black Bear and Imogene have snow as does everything above tree line. The aspens are in full color south of Red Mountain Pass but are just starting on the north side.

Temp in Silverton this afternoon was 53 at 4:30, an hour later in Ouray it was 64. The two sides of the pass are totally different.

Last edited:
A quick video of "100 in the Hills". I may do another one with more video footage than pictures.

A quick video of "100 in the Hills". I may do another one with more video footage than pictures.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxiwuEN06h8">YouTube Link</a>

Awesome Nick! Really, really cool.

If this doesn't make you want to take a road trip to Colorado and back, I don't know what will.

Very nice video indeed! Can't wait for the next trip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom