Trip, Expedition and Meet-up Notices Only (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was great meeting everybody today, and seeing some great cruisers.

TRLcam_0007.jpg

TRLcam_0008.jpg

TRLcam_0004.jpg
TRLcam_0006.jpg
TRLcam_0003.jpg

Last edited:
Really enjoyed meeting you all today, thanks for coming! The first of many Cruiser get togethers I hope.
IMG_0073.jpeg
IMG_0072.jpeg
IMG_0071.jpeg
IMG_0070.jpeg
IMG_0069.jpeg

That was fun, sorry we had to jet before lunch. The pulled pork sammy was spot on!

/Greg - black supercharged 80 w/my buddy Andy (I should get that signature figured out)

Agree-great to get together and meet everyone!

I can’t believe I didn’t Al’s wits end turbo kit! Nor did I see Greg’s supercharger!

Nor did I get to talk to half of you nice folks. Jeesh, guess we need another meet up! Maybe after the holidays? If we get a nice weather weekend could meet somewhere outside and do camp coffees or tailgate lunch’s ,

I can’t believe I didn’t Al’s wits end turbo kit! Nor did I see Greg’s supercharger!

Nor did I get to talk to half of you nice folks. Jeesh, guess we need another meet up! Maybe after the holidays? If we get a nice weather weekend could meet somewhere outside and do camp coffees or tailgate lunch’s ,
I think coffee and tailgate lunches is a great idea. Let’s keep an eye on the weather.

BTW--whose rig was I looking at who had their rig undercoated? It looked great, but I can't remember you said did it nor whose rig I was looking at! I usually fluid film mine, but whoever had theirs done it looked great. I would gladly pay vs. the mess and stink that is fluid film! Thx in advance, Aaron

That was probably me. Gottsch’s Goo is the place! I believe they use the product Corrosion Free from Canada.
I just took my 80 to Gottsch’s this week. He’s done my Tundra too. They are very thorough and a big improvement over fluid film in my opinion.
IMG_0155.jpeg

Yep it was a red one! Thanks, guys! AC

Al, I see you’re running air bags, do you run a tent or something heavy sometimes on the 80?

Also, what airbags did you go with? Have you seen the air bag man Kevlar covers they make to keep your airbag from suffering any abrasions from the coils? Those seem really cool.

Al, I see you’re running air bags, do you run a tent or something heavy sometimes on the 80?

Also, what airbags did you go with? Have you seen the air bag man Kevlar covers they make to keep your airbag from suffering any abrasions from the coils? Those seem really cool.
Yeah, I just installed those a week and a half ago. They are Airlift bags, I haven’t seen the Kevlar covers.

I have a RTT and when I loaded it for a trip with that plus gear, it sagged about 2 inches so I thought I’d give these a try.

Yeah, I just installed those a week and a half ago. They are Airlift bags, I haven’t seen the Kevlar covers.

I have a RTT and when I loaded it for a trip with that plus gear, it sagged about 2 inches so I thought I’d give these a try.
so did you use the Airlift 1000 bags/kit? and you just inflate them manually, as in you didn't buy the airlift compressor system yeah? I think I can see the shraeder valves coming off the back bumper.

they seem to just suggest that one set of bags on their site, so they work with your 3" springs obviously.

been thinking of this mod for a while now, for both Toyotas, as I run the RTT on my old tacoma and had to upgrade to OME spring with extra leaf.

so did you use the Airlift 1000 bags/kit? and you just inflate them manually, as in you didn't buy the airlift compressor system yeah? I think I can see the shraeder valves coming off the back bumper.

they seem to just suggest that one set of bags on their site, so they work with your 3" springs obviously.

been thinking of this mod for a while now, for both Toyotas, as I run the RTT on my old tacoma and had to upgrade to OME spring with extra leaf.
They are Airlift model 60728, which are sized for stock height. I do have the 3" Icon springs which some would say I need a taller bag, however, I've read a bunch of threads here that would lead you in either direction so I just went with the stock height. We'll see how well they work over time.

Yes, you're right with the schrader valves palced on the rear bumper, all manual. I did plumb them separate though, not teed together.

I think coffee and tailgate lunches is a great idea. Let’s keep an eye on the weather.
Following back up on this - it's going to be really nice this weekend. Saturday and Sunday both look good. Any thoughts on getting together at a park somewhere for lunch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom