Trip, Expedition and Meet-up Notices Only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grench

SILVER Star
Threads
Please sticky.

This thread is exclusively to post notice of an upcomping Trip, Expedition or Meet-up - and a link to another thread (preferably one in the NE - Flat Land Cruisers Clubhouse) that has the ongoing discussion and details.

Do not reply to this thread - ever. This thread should have ONE post per proposed trip with a link to another thread where the actual planning and related posts go.

You do not need to post to a thread to subscribe. There is a "Thread Tools" drop down that will take you to a menu where you can select email notifications of activity in the thread - and how often to get them.

The idea is that we can all subscribe to this thread and know that we won't get left out of the loop when something gets proposed/planned for the area.

I plan to subscribe to this thread and set it for daily email notifications.

If the thread gets abused with replies and junk, then it will rapidly loose it's purpose.

Let's give it a shot?

Tuttle Spring 2013 trip is being re-scheduled to see if a new date works for more people.

If you're interested, add your $0.02 here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/ne-flat-land-cruisers/718658-adventures-tuttle-2.html

Yes, this is a 2nd post for the same organizational thread. Normally that will not happen. It has been re-posted due to a rather dramatic date change from this weekend to June. So, I'm treating it as new.

We need to get something on the books for fall--Grench you got any open weekends for Tuttle or just meeting up at Mahoney?

Frankly my dance card is still full of Boy Scout trips for the foreseeable future. You're all much better off planning something that 2 or more of you can make than depending on me being there.

My best bet right now is September 27th or a weekend in October OTHER than Oct 10th - 12th. That's the Boy Scout's Jubilee celebration at Mahoney. It's $30 a ticket to get in. Rock bands Hairball on Friday and Smash Mouth on Saturday nights. Last time around 4 years ago the attendance was roughly 15,000.

Again, your best bet is to declare a date and time and then publicize it as wide as possible. Getting into October the weather starts to be a wild card.

Looking like Oct 18th is the date pending weather! Will need to decide Tuttle or Mahoney, with Tuttle being the preference I assume.

I'm game for doing something. My Birfield is starting to click so this will get me motivated to fix it. Picked up a FJ62 so my 80 hasn't been driven much lately.

Nothing to contribute right now. 2 Rav 4's in the family and one 4Runner. All stock. If its Mahoney we might stop by and see what everyone has if you all get a date set and we are free.

I would love to get out for no reason.... Mahoney is easy, and I could talk the wife and kids into going for a few hrs. Gotta check her on-call schedule.... I will try to remember to come back and check things out here. Thanks for the PM!
-Kurt

Glad to get some response--Oct 18th looks like the day, will just have to decide on venue--Tuttle or Mahoney Park. For those who don't know Tuttle is an off road park about 1:45 south of Lincoln in Kansas. Here is a slideshow of our last trip:

http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/aaronclough/library/?sort=3&page=1

Only been there once in my 5 years of having the truck, but it was fun and the kids (6 and 9 yr old boys) enjoyed it as well. Hopefully it won't be as muddy as last time if we decide to go down there. If everyone can send me their contact info (cell, email) I can send a group email/text as we get closer.

Thanks,
Aaron

Just a thought. There's a bug 4X4 obstacle course competition in Harlan IA on the 25th hosted by Good Time 4-Wheelers. It's an awesome event, Ill be competing in my 77 Chevota FJ40. Ya'll should come check it out.
1521386_10152929621542345_4894424155803170846_n.jpg
1380419_10200286935770712_1287709708_n.jpg
946405_10200286561921366_860766252_n.jpg

Following up--

Initially had "yes" from SamuelSmith, Moab Bound, and HonestDon to get together this Saturday Oct 18th--I am assuming we wanted Tuttle vs meeting up at Mahoney?

Also everyone please send me your cells to coordinate. We met at the Shell Station off Hwy 77 and Saltillo in Lincoln at 7:30AM last time we went down, but open to whenever.

Sorry I missed it. I just got back from Orlando Saturday afternoon.

We everyone is in luck---we ended up not going. SamuelSmith had something pop up.

Anyone interested in possibly going to Tuttle (or just meet up at Mahoney) 11/15 or 11/22?

11/15 is good here.

Meet at the gas station at HWY 70 and Satillo at 7:30 like last time? Whoever is going leave a post and we can get some communication going.

Planning on it unless work gets in way (project due Tues)--will know later this week how far I get into it, but right now planning on going. 7:30 is fine by me, but Moab--you want to get up that early?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom