TRD wheels and stance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seems everyone is moving to rock warriors. Would be nice to have 1 thread for everyone.

I know everyone has seen these, but here are my pictures of my TRDs (for the thread's sake).

I will also add this:

I, and many others have noticed the huge amounts of scratches when they took off their beauty rings from the wheels. That, coupled with many people saying that the wheels can become chatty during operation made me do a little mod:

Run a small bead of RTV on the back side of the ring. That will keep it from vibrating. I also used a very small coating of blue loctite on each beadlock screw before I torqued them down. Just added insurance. Remember, you need to make sure you have the ring mounted to the wheel when your tires are installed: Otherwise, you will never get the ring to properly seat.

After 3 basecoats of plastidip black, followed by 3 topcoats of plastidip copper metalizer. TRD logos are hot pink (stole my wife's fingernail polish) and wetsanded and sealed.
IMG_5405_zps5e2a8a73.jpg

Wheels are wrapped in 35x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
10984090_10101622020549676_4879079730019223694_n_zps3shcqqis.jpg

Stance
IMG_5449_zpsrnyzduhl.jpg

I was getting my 15k service yesterday and dealer had a tundra pro. Here is the TRD wheels on that. I thought they looked great. 18s.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1426105074.830691.jpg

I seem to see some with black centers and others with grey/silver centers. Are both of the those colors available from Toyota, or are the black centered ones repainted black? Ones I see listed for sale on the web are the silver/grey centered ones.

Most have been customized either with plastidip or powder coated. Stock is dark gray center and silver lip

I know everyone has seen these, but here are my pictures of my TRDs (for the thread's sake).

I will also add this:

I, and many others have noticed the huge amounts of scratches when they took off their beauty rings from the wheels. That, coupled with many people saying that the wheels can become chatty during operation made me do a little mod:

Run a small bead of RTV on the back side of the ring. That will keep it from vibrating. I also used a very small coating of blue loctite on each beadlock screw before I torqued them down. Just added insurance. Remember, you need to make sure you have the ring mounted to the wheel when your tires are installed: Otherwise, you will never get the ring to properly seat.

After 3 basecoats of plastidip black, followed by 3 topcoats of plastidip copper metalizer. TRD logos are hot pink (stole my wife's fingernail polish) and wetsanded and sealed.
IMG_5405_zps5e2a8a73.jpg

Wheels are wrapped in 35x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
10984090_10101622020549676_4879079730019223694_n_zps3shcqqis.jpg

Stance
IMG_5449_zpsrnyzduhl.jpg

That is really badass. Best looking ones I've seen ever!! Great job!!

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Time for you to score some to go with the bling'd out LX and the bling'd out wife. :princess:

Dont waste your time @Kajun . Its just filled with a bunch of BS and very little technical info. Gotta love the local landcruiser club...:hillbilly:

What do you mean by Woodrow?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Rock Warrior wheels (17x8) with 285-70-17 AT tires will run on the LX570 without rubbing?

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Time for you to score some to go with the bling'd out LX and the bling'd out wife. :princess:

She does look good for 67 :) 5 kids the oldest is 43. She is like a LX/LC does not show her age! Her MD thinks she is a freak of nature and does not age. I think the fact that she is a Vegan, stays out of the sun and has always worked out helps.

I think I may be young enough to be a grandson. :hillbilly:

What are the most common tires sizes for these 17" TRD wheels, and are the narrower then the 285/60/18s?

yes please!! pictures always help. i ended up going with the TRD 17x8 wheels and 4x Toyo Open Country AT2's and 1x Toyo open country AT2 in 285/65/18 for my spare. i was going to order a fifth trd wheel but then read that gaijin couldn't get it mounted in the stock location.
I followed Gaijin's thinking and modified the support chain. The fifth TRD and the AT2 fits just fine in the stock location. If you run two or three sets of wheels and share a spare then keep track of the TPMS sensor numbers if you have cloned them. All five have to appear in the TPMS registry and dupes are not allowed.

IMG_2175_zpsl8fff64h.jpg

@MScruiser - Woodrow is a euphemism for the excitation one feels when looking at a good looking rig.

CottonLand had a good showing at GSMTR last year. Your 40 looks familiar. Was that you? I know you sold it, but will you be there this year?

@MScruiser - Woodrow is a euphemism for the excitation one feels when looking at a good looking rig.

CottonLand had a good showing at GSMTR last year. Your 40 looks familiar. Was that you? I know you sold it, but will you be there this year?

Thanks for the compliment. I have never heard that saying before.

Nope, that wasn't me.

I would like to be there, but wife is 7 months preggo, so I am basically on house arrest for the next year. :crybaby:

Thanks for the compliment. I have never heard that saying before.

Nope, that wasn't me.

I would like to be there, but wife is 7 months preggo, so I am basically on house arrest for the next year. :crybaby:

Ha! House arrest for 1 year. My son is now 17 months and I'm still on house arrest.

one thing is for sure. I love that look!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom