TRD wheels and stance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What are the offset or other differences in the TRD accessory 200 wheel and the Tundra Rock Warrior wheels?

Thanks!

PTR38-34080.jpg
If this is the other wheel you are asking about (mentioned above as "TRD accessory wheel") then the offset is 50 just as the Rock Warrior wheel. If not then show me what you are talking about (please) as I have no idea.

Maybe we can make this the official rock warrior thread with pictures and where to buy?

Anyways the dealer got my new RW in and said I can take them before they install and remove the ones they scratched. I was happy with the black plastidip but will definitely be prone to chipping over time and any idiot rotating them may scuff them with gun. So I was debating if I should get them powder coated or painted? I found a reputable guy locally for $70/wheel for either one. I've read lots online and I hear both sides. He recommended powder coat if going black. My concern is the integrity of wheel after heating it up on the forged alloy also not easily fixable if scratched. Painting can be chipped easily but touch up is also easy. So basically torn. Another option was leaving gray and just plastidip the ring. Anyone powder coat or paint and have first hand experience especially if on RW?

Shots currently with black plastidip.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427559547.677929.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427559563.798867.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427559586.276994.jpg

I'm a big proponent of PC and like its durability over paint. I have my 4Runner wheels PC'd and they've held up well over two years. I figure if I do something sufficient to damage the PC it will have sufficiently marred the alloy underneath that it won't matter.

The only difference over painted wheels is that I don't use "wheel cleaner" on them.

I don't believe the media blasting or heating during the PC process harms the wheels in any way.

I had my tires mounted and balanced on the freshly PC'd wheels by a race shop that is accustomed to working on Porcshe, BMW, and Audis so they knew how to be careful not to scratch them up.

Durability or flexibility (to change) is the real question.

my opinion is leave the wheel (spokes) the natural gun metal gray color and black out the ring for a bit to see if you like it before you go the PC route.
it may grow on you and it may help you make up your mind.
good luck

First off $70 is a steal. It's way more in NY for top quality work.

My brother in law uses a all natural stripping tank. Wheel goes in and comes out an hour later completely clean. No media blasting.
Most OEM wheels are powdercoated so of course there is no risk in heating them up.
Just about all my wheels are custom PCed. They hold up great and do not scratch like paint.
Of course if you're going off road and will scratch the finish I would go with something that could be easily touched up. Flat black spray paint in a rattle can CAN look good if applied correctly.
Www.proformanceindustries.com

So I picked these up a while back and finally put them on, came with tires. I thought I would go blackwalls out when I replace them with KO2s but Im really digging the RWLs.
IMG_0004_2.jpg
IMG_0001_2.jpg

Some of the previous comments have me confused so I was hoping someone could help me better understand offset on the 200. My understanding is that the stock 200 18x8 wheel has a positive offset of +60MM. If the TRD wheel has an offset of +50MM and is also an 8" width wheel, based on the image attached, wouldnt the wheel be 10MM inset when compared to the stock wheel? Some of the previous posts make it sound like the TRD wheels stick further out than the stock wheels. TIA!

image.jpeg

Yes the TRD wheels will be 10mm further out. Picture the actual axle in those diagrams above, it would be coming in from the left; the higher the offset, the further inboard the wheel will sit.

That makes sense, thanks for the education!

Also, I have a line on 5 new (still in the box) RW wheels. Is LT285/70R17 the consensus size for a stock 200? Thanks!

Also, I have a line on 5 new (still in the box) RW wheels. Is LT285/70R17 the consensus size for a stock 200? Thanks!

It is THE size for a stock 200:

TRDwheelTireSize_01AUG16_zps1idk5hbn.jpg

TRDpoopSheet1_17MAR16_zpsz1nrluhz.jpg

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom