Transmission shop recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for any transmission shop recommendations you guys may have. Either a buddy of yours or a shop you have had a good experience with. I am going to have my 4l80 looked at before I swap it into sandra.

I had Poway Transmission rebuild mine in my 62. They even made some adjustments to the valve body to tighten up the shifting. Has worked great for a few years.

i used Dr. Trans in Kearny Mesa for a trans rebuild and TC Marlin gear install a few years back. owner is a real nice guy (Chris Hochule). he has no problem letting you watch while they are working and does quality work. i don't how his pricing is compared to others as i didn't shop his price. but, definitely recommend.

i used Dr. Trans in Kearny Mesa for a trans rebuild and TC Marlin gear install a few years back. owner is a real nice guy (Chris Hochule). he has no problem letting you watch while they are working and does quality work. i don't how his pricing is compared to others as i didn't shop his price. but, definitely recommend.

Just called them and they said they don't take transmissions if they are out of the vehicle.

If it is out of the vehicle what can they look at/inspect?

It was in an accident and the adapter between the transfer case and transmission broke. I am sure the shifting of the transfer case on the output shaft probably damaged a bearing or possibly bent it. See if they can possibly crack it open and see if anything is out of wack. I'm assuming the rear main bearing would need to be replaced. It is out of the vehicle now and want to try to fix anything now before I swap it in right before my move towing a camper only to find out something was ****ed.

I posted in a couple of different places, and got two recommendations for the place linked below. Neither had anything specific to 4L80E's just that have had their daily drivers serviced there ( both trans related). I checked Yelp which looked ok.

I'm waiting to hear back from the local speed shop here in Escondido I talked to a guy this morning who had some recommendations but needed to get back to me.

I posted in a couple of different places, and got two recommendations for the place linked below. Neither had anything specific to 4L80E's just that have had their daily drivers serviced there ( both trans related). I checked Yelp which looked ok.

I'm waiting to hear back from the local speed shop here in Escondido I talked to a guy this morning who had some recommendations but needed to get back to me.

Good lord man! I owe ya a beer for that research. Thats awesome! A place that SD Trux recommended me said they will do it but didn't seem to understand what I wanted. I need to try to talk to a tech directly to see if i am being reasonable with my request.

No problem! I've been looking into this upgrade for awhile for my Chevelle. And I'll be doing the same thing in taking an unknown trans in to be rebuilt, so I'm definitely interested in what you find. Everytime I get ready to pull the trigger and do this, I move and have to start all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom