Transmission Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2004 w 210,000 miles, drives great shifts great but takes a minute to get into drive during the first start of the day, after that its good the rest of the day. I already took it to a shop to check Transmission fluid level and added some Lucas treatment in there. Anyone have any thoughts?

I assume it is cold. How old is the fluid? Drain and fill every oil change for the next 4-5 oil changes usually clears up viscosity breakdown.

I assume it is cold. How old is the fluid? Drain and fill every oil change for the next 4-5 oil changes usually clears up viscosity breakdown.
Oil was replaced 12,000 miles ago, the issue somewhat started a little while later. Just scanned today since no check engine lights were on and got a P2714. Hope theres a fix that doesnt include a new tranny. lol

Oil was replaced 12,000 miles ago, the issue somewhat started a little while later. Just scanned today since no check engine lights were on and got a P2714. Hope theres a fix that doesnt include a new tranny. lol
I would do a few things....one, I would continue to drain and fill the ATF more frequently. You are basically running on burnt ATF and the dirt is in the valve body. So, you have a few options, and what I would do:
1. Pin your transmission thermostat. The OEM transmission has a tstat that allows the trans to come up to temp but also allows over 200 degrees operating. Pin it open and it will warm up slower but also prevent the high end better.
2. Get or improve your transmission cooler.
50/50 odds on the following if the above doesn't work:
3. Replace solenoid D for around $500
OR
3. Replace the valve body. It is shockingly simple and the part is less than a transmission...and you get to replace all the fluid.

Final step...new trans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom