Transmission hose replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been searching 'mud, reading the FSM, and looking at parts diagrams, but haven't found everything I need to know. I want to replace the transmission hose running from the transmission to the coolers. I know the hose is 3/8" I.D. (actually 10mm), and I know there's the front cooler plus a second cooler/warmer built into the radiator, but:

1) How much hose is required?

2) Is there a diagram showing the hoses? Since I don't know my rig's history, I want to make sure everything is routed correctly.

This is for a '94.

I've been searching 'mud, reading the FSM, and looking at parts diagrams, but haven't found everything I need to know. I want to replace the transmission hose running from the transmission to the coolers. I know the hose is 3/8" I.D. (actually 10mm), and I know there's the front cooler plus a second cooler/warmer built into the radiator, but:

1) How much hose is required?

2) Is there a diagram showing the hoses? Since I don't know my rig's history, I want to make sure everything is routed correctly.

This is for a '94.
I’m about to do the same project. See how this is an old post did you complete your project?

I replaced the hard lines with my 3/8" oil cooler hose to replace the paperclip with the Derale cooler. Zero issues but I don't have the exact lengths.

I’m dumb. Nm. :(

Last edited:
I replaced the hard lines with my 3/8" oil cooler hose to replace the paperclip with the Derale cooler. Zero issues but I don't have the exact lengths.

You know he is talking about the transmission cooler, not the power steering unit :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::flush:

Take a look at these. They will help with the routing turns you need to make at the lower radiator, and keep the hose from getting into the belt area.

10mm hose is best, but I was never able to find any anywhere. If someone has a source for 10mm silicon hose, that would be the way to go!

If you're really ate up with the Cruiser sickness, you can get these kind of hose clamps, or ones like them. The traditional radiator clamps have cut groves in the band that eventually cut into the rubber hoses as they expand and contract during heat cycles. These smooth banded clamps won't eat through the rubber over time. https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...ose-clamp/mp52f13/4459001?q=Hose+Clamp&pos=20

You will need to figure out the correct sizes you need for your hose. The links above are examples only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom