trans leak? (1 Viewer)

So today is the first day I have driven my 40 since rebuilding the t-case. My t-case doesn't seem to leak anymore, but now I seem to have a leak from somewhere on the drivers side of the tranny. Granted I just took a peek in the parking lot at work, and it's only a 3/4 inch round spot it left, but i'm a little aggrevated. If it's the fill plug missing a crush washer i'm going to feel pretty dumb, but is there anywhere else this could be coming from? I filled the tranny through the shifter with the fill plug out after I put the tranny and case back in. I also discovered that my rear seal seems to be leaking now. After I just put the tranny and t-case back in. Grrrr.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
check and make sure you have fluid in the transfer case. If the seal between the transfercase and tranny has gone bad it will pump oil out of the t-case and in to the tranny. If you unscrew the fill plug on the tranny and oil pours out you have this problem. I've got it. Man-A-Fre sells a kit to tie the two drain plugs together so the fluids stay level.

Did you fill to the correct level? It is only supposed to be filled to the bottom of the filler plug, so you may have over filled it going through the shifter to begin with. Don't know if that will cause a leak on one of these trannys though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom