Trailer Brake Recommendations for the 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Catskills

SILVER Star
Media Partner
Threads
I am ready to get a brake controller for my 07 and am curious about what brands you guys have found success with.

Thanks in advance!

I'd say the P3 is good for the money... but it is reactive and not directly tied to brake pressure. To do so would be a lot more $$$. Trailer brakes for newer vehicles can use OBDII readings to activate the trailer brakes.

I really like the P3 and there are numerous threads on installing one in the 100s.

I'm very interested in the new one @hoser mentioned that plugs into the OBDII. Anyone have an example?

No, I don't have experience with the DirecLink. I'm using the P3. The DirectLink unit requires...

"Works with 1997 to Present Ford and GM Vans and SUVs. 2008 to Present Nissan and Toyota Trucks, Vans, and SUVs."

Last edited:
I've been using this for the last 3 years and love it:

Amazon.com: Tekonsha 90250 Prodigy RF Electronic Brake Control: Automotive

Having multiple vehicles and multiple trailers it solved my issues.
And for the "nay" Sayers - yes it remembers and maintains last settings when hand held unit disconnected or out of power and you can continue driving safely with a burned out cig lighter socket.

I'm running a Tekonsha P3 and love it!

I don't tow a lot so I found a new in box Tekonsha P2 on craigslist for $45. Wired it up and it fits perfectly in the ash tray hole.

Another vote for the P3. Plug and play, very easy to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom