Trail Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a guy give me this truck last summer, thought I would share how the resurection is coming. I'll post some before and after pic's.
63 chevy 079resize.jpg
63 chevy 080resize.jpg
63 chevy 081resize.jpg

Last edited:
lookin good, lots of potential, I wish I could build another 40, I have four kidd now, had to move to a 60 and an 80. some day maybe i can build another 40, lookin foward to more pics.
:bounce:

nice hood! and sexy looking tires!

shooting for mid spring for a get together.......will it be ready?

It should be ready, I'm looking forward to it, mini truck brakes going on as well, thanks again

Hey Paul, I'm going to Butte this week could come by on the way home for the gauge cluster, I need some hinges for the barn doors, and a 3 peed park brake cable, any luck??? Larry

Last edited:
Hey Paul, I'm going to Butte this week could come by on the way home for the gauge cluster, I need some hinges for the barn doors, and a 3 peed park brake cable, any luck??? Larry

Let me check the stash. I'll get back to you.
Paul

Hey Larry! I like it! Keep up the good work!

:)

A few more pictures

started the disc brake conversion, lined the bed and repaire the tranny cover, the PO had cut strips down the cover to get it off easily. Sorry for the jerky photo's I will try to hold still next time. Rigger is yours on the road yet? Larry
misc 1 005resize.jpg
misc 1 008resize.jpg
misc 1 009.jpg

go man go!

good to see the hubs/rotors worked for you.

forgot to ask about what you did with the tie rod issue?

forgot to ask about what you did with the tie rod issue?

Paul, I just used the starter bushings for the TRE's, I have to cut the ends of the tierod a little shorter to get the alignment right as well, should be no big deal, Larry

coupal of update pic's

here are some more pic's fixed up some interior stuff, finished the disc brakes, lift and shocks are finished, had to use shims on the front for the castor, went well, old bumper is going away and the rear doors are next, more later
misc 1 004resize.jpg
misc 1 006resize.jpg
misc 1 007resize.jpg

more of the bumper and a winch i picke up for it, nyonw want the bumper let me know, Larry
misc 1 005resize.jpg
misc 1 008resize.jpg

Next Project

This is project after this one, I told my daughter I would build them a cruiser, it's a shame to modify this one it's pretty nice, but disc brakes power steering etc, differen't rear seat for the kids, all to come, has a Ramsy PTO winch installed by the dealer, bought it in Glendive off the list.
001resize.jpg
003resize.jpg
002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom