Trail ride thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK. Girls are all the way in. Got registered today. Will be tent camping. Open to what day to go but they said they could do the whole week as long as we took 1 day to hang at the campground in the middle. Or maybe just didn't ride the whole day 1 day. Looking forward to it!

I’m in! Just registered. Now just need to finish the 60!

Not sure. June is a fair piece away. Id like to do Thursday evening thru the weekend. More would be a bonus
I will more than likely go up Thurs as well. Going up Friday in years past doesn’t give you enough time

Any of you guys going to Chocco May 14-16 for ACC Garage’s annual campout/reunion? I’ll be there, let me know what y’all think.
Sounds fun. I'll check with my family schedule and see if we can get away. Any registration type stuff or just pull in to crash the party?

I'm keen to check that one out. The shop could certainly use a face there to make a few contacts.

Any of you guys going to Chocco May 14-16 for ACC Garage’s annual campout/reunion? I’ll be there, let me know what y’all think.
I would love to but have another thing that weekend. Yall have fun!

What is the pulse on GSMTR? Thinking of making it the vacay that the girls and I take this summer. Need to see if they are down but I have a feeling they are. And its a Father's day gift to me.
We're signed up (Sid & Pam). Still working on the 40 to make sure there is no more death wobble and waiting on a back bench seat we ordered in hopes that our daughter and her husband can join us for part of the time. We also made new friends recently who have a 45 and they have registered as well.

Next ride is this Saturday 12/18 at Iron Gap

Plans are to meet at the Hardee's on 72 in Gurley at 830am. We'll head up from the South side, up to the Waterfall/burnt cabin area, then head out through Keith Springs.

Oh, and bring a 6pack of craft beer for our dirty Santa beer exchange!

Looks like weather and other events have knocked our numbers way down. Canceling for tomorrow and will try again soon.

For the folks who haven't seen this...

For the upcoming New Years Run, here are some additional details:
  • Meet at Hawk Pride Off Road at 9am 01/01
  • We will be riding greens and blues so nothing hardcore at all. One can do all of these trails on 31 inch tires. (Please have a little tread though). It is looking like it may be a little muddy.
  • We plan to do a few tutorials including trail etiquette, the use of the gmrs radios, high lift usage to change a tire in terrain, and a winching scenario (including use of a snatch block).
  • Club Officers (and others) will have capable rigs and will provide all recovery equipment in case of any emergency.
  • Optional: We will be doing the annual beer exchange. Bring a 6 Pack of Craft Beer (wrapped/bagged) and we will play Dirty Santa.

We hope to see everyone there for this laid back event. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

For the folks who haven't seen this...

For the upcoming New Years Run, here are some additional details:
  • Meet at Hawk Pride Off Road at 9am 01/01
  • We will be riding greens and blues so nothing hardcore at all. One can do all of these trails on 31 inch tires. (Please have a little tread though). It is looking like it may be a little muddy.
  • We plan to do a few tutorials including trail etiquette, the use of the gmrs radios, high lift usage to change a tire in terrain, and a winching scenario (including use of a snatch block).
  • Club Officers (and others) will have capable rigs and will provide all recovery equipment in case of any emergency.
  • Optional: We will be doing the annual beer exchange. Bring a 6 Pack of Craft Beer (wrapped/bagged) and we will play Dirty Santa.

We hope to see everyone there for this laid back event. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Well, I slacked and forgot to post the cancellation on Wednesday. I hope no one went and missed us because nobody else went.

We are going to try again for this weekend. I wont forget to change the post if something happens. Weather looks good but cold and rainy late afternoon. HAwk pride may be a mud fest and we will check before we lock it down.

Hey All!

This Saturday we will be running our Hawk Pride New Years Run. This is expected to be a Beginners/Green Trails Run. However, due to the recent rain/snow Hawk Pride is expected to be a muddy run.

We will meet at HPO Campground 10:00 am with a caravan leaving from Cracker Barrel (120 Celghorn Blvd) in Madison @ 8:30am. Feel free to join us at Cracker Barrel or HPO.
  • We will be riding greens/blue trails but will also be judging the trails based on the trail conditions.
  • We will be doing trail etiquette and providing all trail recovery equipment,
  • Optional: We will be doing the annual beer exchange. Bring a 6 pack of craft beer (wrapped/bagged) for a dirty santa gift exchange.

We hope to see everyone there for this laid back event.

Let me know if you have any questions

Darn I wouldn't be able to make it 😟

cant wait.

Great trip! Lots of new folks turned up. Mark and his folks have done a really good job keeping the park in great shape. Photos to come.

Discovered the set of trails in the link below over on another forum. Not often we see trails through land like that being left alone, much less looking for traffic to keep open!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom