Trade in our 4Runner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had the chance to drive a new one yesterday...Oh My Goodness. I did not expect that level of refinement and luxury-you all were right for sure. What a difference $50K can make. I am pretty much sold and will likely proceed to order one.
I really appreciate the feedback and offers to PM with details, but one drive was all it took. It is indeed very planted on the road - I drove it with a 25 mph cross wind which would have blown the T4R around quite a bit. Despite some nose dive, the breaks were impressive at stopping the LC. And the tailgate, oh the tailgate. Backing up to a nice view for a beer after a run or ride is a high quality event with a tailgate. The HE is tempting, but I really want the Terra interior and the anneline.

I am open to any ordering advice for sure.

Thanks again

A 2019 is identical to a 2020. You can get a steal on a 2019 right now.

And the tailgate, oh the tailgate. Backing up to a nice view for a beer after a run or ride is a high quality event with a tailgate.

I spend more time than I’d like to admit sitting on that tailgate admiring views in Colorado. Perfect for cooking, etc. All a part of the details that make these IMO one-of-a-kind in the market. Just the best at what they do.

There aren’t many vehicles on the road today that are heirloom type vehicles. A Land Cruiser is. It stays in the family. Ours will get handed down. That’s the kind of vehicle it is.

I was in a 4th gen 4Runner. I drove a 5th gen and decided it wasn’t enough ‘more’ to trade-up and it lacked one of the finest t-case setups ever. My ‘07 finally got long-in-the-tooth for me. I knew I wanted bigger/more headroom. I studied/tried the Tahoe, GX460, Armada, Toyo LC and LX. Each vehicle had +s and -s. For me the LX and LC checked more boxes than any of the others. In the end the 2013-2015 LX was the right place for me. Upgrade from the 4Runner and never look back is my advice.

This has been very helpful for sure. I put the order in for a 2020 Blizzard Peal/Terra and am pretty jazzed about it. I am expecting 3-4 months to delivery, but we'll see.

One question regarding floor mats. I would like all weather floor mats but they aren't available in the "Build" section of the Toyota web site. All I see is the Premium Carpet mats in the accessory section. Does it come with any mats? I will be taking the third row seats out and saw Eric's post regarding the all weather cargo mat which is now available as a product of the HE, so I will order one of those, but still am not sure how to procure a set of all weather mats for the front and second row. I am fine ordering them separately from the vehicle order.

Thanks again for all the help.

This has been very helpful for sure. I put the order in for a 2020 Blizzard Peal/Terra and am pretty jazzed about it. I am expecting 3-4 months to delivery, but we'll see.

One question regarding floor mats. I would like all weather floor mats but they aren't available in the "Build" section of the Toyota web site. All I see is the Premium Carpet mats in the accessory section. Does it come with any mats? I will be taking the third row seats out and saw Eric's post regarding the all weather cargo mat which is now available as a product of the HE, so I will order one of those, but still am not sure how to procure a set of all weather mats for the front and second row. I am fine ordering them separately from the vehicle order.

You can order the OEM Toyota mats from Eric also. I got mine on Ebay before I knew about Eric and Ed Martin being so easy.

Eric is building me a Blizzard Pearl / Terra right now (2019). Good choice!

What you want are all-season LINERS from Toyota: Toyota Floor Liners & Cargo Mat

I much prefer Weathertech liners versus OEM Toyota. Others prefer Husky. Both are better for first two rows vs Toyota.

Maybe better because they are deeper........but Toyota has ”LAND CRUISER” logo. Bling is everything. In all seriousness, the Toyota liners are fine for daily abuse. Have had WT and Husky on other vehicles...i don’t see much difference in functionality.

That's an important distinction...thank you. I would assume Eric would be a good source for those?

Any Toyota (and certainly Eric, who may give you better discount) can help you.

I have the OEM mats. We have Weathertech on a 4Runner. I much prefer the OEM. To each his own.

Same here. I have used the Weathertechs on previous vehicles (various 4Runners and Cruisers) with decent results but didn’t like them in my current Cruiser.

If you regularly get into the truck with dirty shoes/boots as I do on trips husky is superior at avoiding dirt and crap getting on the dead pedal and sliding down behind the mat.

And this is from a huge weathertech fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom