TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe I just never seen a 13bt before, it looks a lot different than a 3b.
IMG_2729.JPG
IMG_2730.JPG

Rad cap on the thermostat housing, I like it.
And I want that throttle body.

$$$$ to anyone here who has a Land Cruiser that stops this fast, without hitting a wall.

Maybe I just never seen a 13bt before, it looks a lot different than a 3b. View attachment 1558516View attachment 1558517
Rad cap on the thermostat housing, I like it.
And I want that throttle body.

I put a 14BT in my Dyna to replace the B (new gen 5 bearing) before I sold it to a guy in the states. It would boil the duallies from here to Campbell river. Never used 1'st with a 5.375 rear end gear. This is not supposed to be impressive, the truck was still slow with a cable and rod transmission shifter, but would pull your house with your neighbours off the foundation!

I put a 14BT in my Dyna to replace the B (new gen 5 bearing) before I sold it to a guy in the states. It would boil the duallies from here to Campbell river. Never used 1'st with a 5.375 rear end gear. This is not supposed to be impressive, the truck was still slow with a cable and rod transmission shifter, but would pull your house with your neighbours off the foundation!

When in Texas at the Round up there was a 14BT in a BJ70, that thing had loads of torque, I will have to ask David G if he still has it..that was early 10 years ago.

Can't possibly see how that could go bad.

I once had to pull the second wheel up (1 of 4) after the rear tandem axle wheel went south... It still turned, but wasn't carrying any weight.

Oh my God! Apparently taken in Surrey yesterday?! WTF?!

View attachment 1576342
This picture stirred up an old memory. No picture so you'll have to use your imagination.
In 1973, when I was a kid in Victoria, my Dad bought a new green and white FJ55 from Saunders & Hitchman Toyota and a used tent trailer for the 5 of us to go on a family camping trip to the Yukon. Somewhere before Watson lake the tent trailer blew a wheel bearing. The Alaska Highway was, of course, still gravel at that time and there was no such thing as a Deck truck like we have now just the old style hook trucks which wouldn't have helped much. So my Dad cut down a tree and made a skid. Tied it on to the reach of the trailer at the front and onto the axle on the side of the blown bearing. Off we went to Watson Lake down the muddy highway to get the tent trailer repaired....no issues. I wonder what kind of attention something like that would get in Surrey?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom