Toyota 90915-YZZD3 Oil Filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use Mann filters for my Saabs. Just an FYI WIX filter company is same one as Mann...same parent I should say.

I was planning on visiting Aruba this summer for vacation, and while there I always stop at the Toyota dealer on the Island to pick up some "big" can filters.......but COVID changed those plans. If you find yourself in Aruba, the dealer stocks the "correct" 2F oil filter.

Guess Who ??

So has anyone else had issues with oil pressure dropping out periodically running the Toyota 90915-YZZD3 filters? I ran this filter during last change interval and ran into some issues where the stock oil pressure gauge would periodically drop down below where it normally runs while driving highway speeds, and then come back up to where it normally runs. Seemed to be mostly on acceleration up hills this would occur, and would only last like 30 seconds. Taking into account the normal stock gauge reliability issues with these trucks, my gauge has always been consistent enough with where it runs for me to be confident in what its telling me. This was the first time since owning the truck I have seen any deviation from what the gauge reads. I got a few of the big can filters from @HemiAlex and finally got around to installing one. The pressure drop outs on the gauge are gone with the big can filter. So anyone else seen low oil pressure using the 90915-YZZD3's? Or is this just most likely something to do with my truck alone?

I just got a case of these the other day. Found a stash of NOS ones.

Same as the 15600-41010 but about an inch shorter.

Ive noticed the pressure gauge change with temp on the 15w50 Mobil 1 I run, but never had a dip in anything. 50,000 miles of the big filters and I’ve had great luck.

C9906B98-D6FC-43D2-B4FB-5258A5B9C2F7.jpeg

87DFCB32-7746-49B0-8173-C08EA8A431AF.jpeg

541E5A94-CD96-4F1E-81EB-5C595000E704.jpeg

I think my favorite filter now is the Hengst H17W02

$8-12 on line and it even has a nut on the end. Just hard to find at times. It’s a German made filter.

FE127C69-F518-4461-A974-1E88BEF7FAF0.jpeg

EE060EF5-680F-4080-9EFF-A037CBC07108.jpeg

So has anyone else had issues with oil pressure dropping out periodically running the Toyota 90915-YZZD3 filters? I ran this filter during last change interval and ran into some issues where the stock oil pressure gauge would periodically drop down below where it normally runs while driving highway speeds, and then come back up to where it normally runs. Seemed to be mostly on acceleration up hills this would occur, and would only last like 30 seconds. Taking into account the normal stock gauge reliability issues with these trucks, my gauge has always been consistent enough with where it runs for me to be confident in what its telling me. This was the first time since owning the truck I have seen any deviation from what the gauge reads. I got a few of the big can filters from @HemiAlex and finally got around to installing one. The pressure drop outs on the gauge are gone with the big can filter. So anyone else seen low oil pressure using the 90915-YZZD3's? Or is this just most likely something to do with my truck alone?

I should point out here I am running the T6 Rotella 15W-40 in mine. Since adding the filters from @HemiAlex with the same Rotella, its been running normal. Definitely happens when the truck is warmed up and never cold. Thanks @Onur for your filter option.

Baldwin B2 HPG 50% @ 8µ Filtration You won't find better.

1618521433562.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom