tool box under the hood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After I removed the heater blower, I knew there was enough space for a tool box. I finally got it all fab'd up.

blower.jpg

bracket.jpg

box.jpg

Load it with ammo and drive it around on a hot day. Should be interesting.

No seriously, looks great. I assume you have determined that you do not need a heater?

Cool idea. I'd have zero problem with no heater out here and i'm sure he doesn't either being in Vegas.

My problem is if I was just driving around Vegas I wouldn't be driving a FJ40. There are plenty of places to explore around Vegas that are at higher elevations that I would want heat. Years ago during the winter time drove from Las Vegas to Reno. Was raining in Vegas and snowing in Reno. On the highway between went from rain to snow in Tonopah and Gold field. Then the Sierra Nevada mountains to the west. Death Valley gets cold in the winter.

Last edited:
It does get cold in Vegas but the 40 puts out enough heat. My heater box is in the shed. I just have not found the need to install it yet!! I do have it ready to install tho !!
JP

Yup - it will be a hot box. I think even a tire repair kit would melt.
The old heater was trashed, and was missing too many (unavailable) parts. I sold it for a lot of money.
I’m going with this generic aftermarket heater.

0C85376F-7E07-4369-AE62-A9D1A6663DC5.jpeg

It’s a restromod - I went with original where I could, and I could afford it.
No hurry on installing the heater. No top yet.

304CD4BF-28E8-4B83-9BB7-6A3C78470147.jpeg

The doors are done. But I didn’t see a point installing the top haves of them until the top goes on. No idea when that is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom