Todays wrenching (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice

20181021_195637.jpg
The guy's add on Craigslist made it sound like he had a lot of interest from low-ballers and tire kickers. Glad the truck ended up at a good home!

It was a big project. Tons missing parts. But its literally rust fre so a picked it up.

Nice score
That thing has been on Craig's List for a long time.

I've been eye balling it the whole time. I was in need of a project so I excepted the challenge. Its going to be so coool.

Already got on top of body repairs.
20181021_195712.jpg
20181021_195701.jpg
20181021_140052.jpg

Cleaned up some more rust on the side panels and rear cross member for the hard top, and started to get hardware and weather stripping ready. The hardware kit from Overland Metric has been great. Heading to NAPA today to get some primer and paint!
IMG_9486-1.JPG
IMG_9485-1.JPG
IMG_9489-1 copy.jpg

IMG_9485-1.JPG

IMG_9486-1.JPG

I spent so much time trying to take advantage of the "warm" temps over the last few weeks, that I am way behind on chores for winter prep. My little propane heater only does so much in my shop, so I spent more time making sure I had good temps to lay down primer, but got caught out on s***e that I should have done earlier. Like.....putting the snow tires on my DD, and replacing the failed tire on my snow blower.

This was my first time replacing a tire on anything other than a bicycle, and it was a bitch. Figured out some stuff as I went along, which is the part of the process I enjoy.

Couldn't get either bead on the new tires to seat, so I warmed them up in front of my heater. Once I was able to seat one side, I used some circular foam backing rod to close the gap on the non-seated side; pulled the valve core, pushed some air in, and was able to get the bead to seat.

Let a little air out, pulled the foam out, installed the core, and good to go!

IMG_9611.JPG
IMG_9610.JPG
IMG_9612.JPG
IMG_9613.JPG

Still no real wrenching time on my 40, but I'm making good progress on wrapping up the chores / projects that take priority before I can spend some time in the shop. Today, got a bunch of stuff cleaned up and organized in my shop.

I got the primed rain gutter set up to start riveting the top back on.

Anyone near Greenfield / Amherst need some used oil for their oil heater??

And, gratuitous dog picture.

IMG_9803.JPG
IMG_9804.JPG
IMG_9805.JPG
IMG_9811.JPG

:confused:Nice work bench!

Session with some buddies at their place, working on their 60's. They bought the blue truck from me last year, and are going to town on it! Full frame off refurb, and they're dropping a rebuild Mercedes diesel in there, too.

Suspension work on the red BJ-60.

IMG_9966.jpg
IMG_9972.jpg

Turbo diesel?
617 5cyl turbo diesel, I believe. They had it totally rebuilt, too. That truck is going to be awesome!

I really wanted to put a diesel in it, and refurb the whole truck, when I owned it. Not enough time or money, but it's really cool to see my neighbor and his son get so fired up about it, and I enjoy being able to help out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom