To Omaha and Lincoln NE area 80s owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it just that picture, or is the DS running board missing?

I might be able to take a look at it Thursday or Friday evening. No guarantees though - I'm not a mechanic. I can make sure it starts, runs, has/not lockers and give my basic opinion on it. If you get the pics in email, forward them my way - it would be good to get some idea up front as to what I'm looking at/for.

Grench

Is it just that picture, or is the DS running board missing?

It looks like they are missing, or at least the d/s, not that it matters though. As soon as I hear something I will let you know.

I am not a mechanic, worst case scenerio it only runs for a while and then I use it for a doner/parts truck, rebuild the engine, take the lockers, etc. I am more concerned about rust and if it has lockers :D

Thanks Grench I will be in touch.

It looks like they are missing, or at least the d/s, not that it matters though. As soon as I hear something I will let you know.

I am not a mechanic, worst case scenerio it only runs for a while and then I use it for a doner/parts truck, rebuild the engine, take the lockers, etc. I am more concerned about rust and if it has lockers :D

Thanks Grench I will be in touch.

It would be a good idea to have whoever looks at it check the rockers for damage then. The steps can be damage multipliers in their own right.

Well never heard back from seller, and I see the post is gone so either it was bogus or someone picked it up quick. No big deal, I guess this just leaves more room for toys on my current rig.

I remember seeing a picture posted years ago of an Omaha/Lincoln enthusiasts get together.
Subscribed to this thread for future notifications.

Off to Denver

Good morning I probably should have gave a littl more warning but hopefully this will help anyone that has been thinking about ordering anything from out west.

I am going to be headed to Denver Feb. 24th. I will have limited room as I am picking up rear bumper/tire carrier sliders and suspension 2.5 lift. If anyone needs anything from Slee or anyone else out that way let me know.

Good morning I probably should have gave a littl more warning but hopefully this will help anyone that has been thinking about ordering anything from out west.

I am going to be headed to Denver Feb. 24th. I will have limited room as I am picking up rear bumper/tire carrier sliders and suspension 2.5 lift. If anyone needs anything from Slee or anyone else out that way let me know.

Whoot! Fun times!
I'm set for parts right now - or at least my budget tells me I am.

Quick hint: Before installing the bumper, mount the Teflon rub plate to the bumper first, then mount the bumper to the truck.

Nice. Okay on parts right now unless you're going to CO via American Toyota in NM. Good to hear from you.
:flipoff2:

Well I was going to keep this quite untill after this weekend but since we are posting local trucks for sale, the wife and I are going to be looking at this 2000 LX470, we are headed up to Minneapolis this weekend and we are about 98% sure we are going to pull the trigger on it.
LX470 ext.jpg
LX470 int.jpg

I have seen this rig for sale for a while. Looks very, very nice. Good luck.

Looks like Autoworks of Omaha has a black 100 series Land Cruiser for sale. From the pics it looks like it may have the diff lock switch.

SEXY

I have been keeping my eye open for something similar or an LS430. Something nicer with butt warmers.

Can never let the 80 go though. I also saw the black 100 in Omaha. Looks nice but too many miles for me. I pack em on quickly enuf on my own.

SEXY

I have been keeping my eye open for something similar or an LS430. Something nicer with butt warmers.

Can never let the 80 go though. I also saw the black 100 in Omaha. Looks nice but too many miles for me. I pack em on quickly enuf on my own.

Have you tried using Site Mash to search. It sometimes comes up with stuff I don't find on other searches.

Well we did it, we ended up buying the LX in MN this weekend drove it home and it is nice. There are a few things that I think we are going to fix/upgrade but for the most part it is going to stay in stock form.

Just so everyone knows I am heading up to Denver in a couple weeks so if you need anything or need me to bring anything back let me know.

Planning the Possible

Is anyone interested in a gathering/trip/other?

Last year we simply went to a park, ate some hot dogs, let the kids play and hung out for a few hours. We could do that again - or we could do something a bit more involved.

Would there be interest in any of the following ideas? Not in order of my preference - simply numbered for convenience. Not necessarily limited to a single choice.

1. Doing the same thing again (easy on spouses, kids & schedules).
Nothing off road about it.

2. Going camping as a group somewhere nearby (100 miles of Omaha). Overnight, hang out by a campfire, maybe fish a bit, etc...
Would include Lincoln & Omaha and western IA area lakes & parks as options.
Off road would be limited to parking on the gravel parking lot.

3. Going camping as a group somewhere mid-distance (400 miles of Omaha).
A day to get there, two nights (more?) at the location, a day to get back.
This opens up some interesting possibilities including Lake McConaughy, Floating down the Niobrara up by Valentine, Mid-Missouri (Ozarks) and on the outside end South Dakota.

4. Expedition camping travel. Realistic limit of 1000 mile radius to get the trip inside a 1 week window. Two days there, 3-4 days on site, 2 days return trip.
Brings in the possibilities of anywhere in Colorado (Medana pass & Great Sand Dunes), Western Kentucky (Land Between the Lakes), an extended Black Hills trip, etc...

5. TLCA sponsored event in CO, SD, IA, MO or KS.

I'm open to ideas & suggestions. Right now I'm trying to gauge interest and what end of the spectrum that interest sits on. The bigger the trip the more planning and coordination there is that has to be done.

So, thoughts?

I would be up for any of them. I have always wanted to go to the Tall Corn Cruiser Classic, https://forum.ih8mud.com/ia-tall-co...al-tall-corn-cruiser-classic-2011-thread.html -It is Aug. 25-28, in Hamilton IA.

I am not sure of any other area events, I would like to go to a Colorado, either a trip of just a few of us or to a TLCA event. The nice thing about going out to a CO event I know their are a lot of CO mudders on the 80's board and it would fun to meet some of them.

Like I said I would be up for what works good for the group.

Nice rig jrob...what are the fixes/upgrades?

Grench: What about Tuttle north of Manhattan KS for a overnight camp or a day trip? My dream would be to go to the mtns in CO...

Hey, I am by Lincoln. Just picked up an 80 from my brother in Iowa. Anyone around Lincoln/ Omaha have a front bumper from putting on an ARP? Also, need a right rear door flare.

Welcome. Jrob and/or Chapman may have a bumper--Chapman and I are here in Lincoln, and JRob is in Lexington, but has been known to travel...

Hey, I am by Lincoln. Just picked up an 80 from my brother in Iowa. Anyone around Lincoln/ Omaha have a front bumper from putting on an ARP? Also, need a right rear door flare.

Welcome. Jrob and/or Chapman may have a bumper--Chapman and I are here in Lincoln, and JRob is in Lexington, but has been known to travel...

I do have a front bumper, it has been in my attick for quite sometime. :princess: would be pretty excited to get it out of there. Shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom