To Omaha and Lincoln NE area 80s owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Torched my 80

So, i accidently torched my 91 FJ80 in a grass fire :crybaby:

Before

Before.jpg

And After

After.jpg

But, in the end everything worked out cause i bought my new baby with the insurance cash :)

77 FJ40 w/ 350, 4 speed, 1 ton axles, 800lb winch, ect.

New Toy.jpg

Found a hardtop, and doors:) thay are currently being flown in to Omaha from Denver
Before.jpg
After.jpg
New Toy.jpg

Extra crispy.

That sucks.

Oh the sucks but that looks like a pretty nice 40.

You didn't happen to keep your battery tray out of your 91 did you :hillbilly:

Sorry, the insurance took it all, but i cant really complain, they were surprisingly fair.

Now just waiting on my hard top to get here from Denver

Holy crap!!! That post-fire picture is nuts. How/where did that happen? Was the ignition source from the truck (cats?) or was it some other source?

That's freaky stuff... Glad it worked out for you, though. That 40 looks great!

Good looking ride with low miles but wow, that sounds like a lot for a 94. Our 96 just turned 178K and still happy. Looking to purchase a 90's LS400 or SC400 today if anyone has one to liquidate. Looking at a few this evening. Considered some of the numerous 100's for sale at local lots but don't want a payment.

I thought it was a pretty decent price for a low mileage rig at a stealership or I never would have posted it. I sold my '93 for $8000. It had 178k and I had a lot of inquiries at the advertised price of $8950. I see them often with 200k going for $9k or $10k, chopped, cut and cobbled up. Looked again in this region today and they are all more expensive with higher miles. However I have been out of the 80 market for a while so maybe there are some much better deals to be had across the country. I have been looking for an inexpensive 40 for a very long time. They don't seem to exist.

JMO. Didn't pay much over $10k for the LX a few years ago from local BMW dealership. Had 120K and factory locks, decent tires = basis of opinion. I can't see more than $2k for anything with 200K as a DD. Possibly for a classic/rebuild/toy/money pit.

The white 94 did look to be in exceptional shape though. Glad you posted.. especially since I am looking for something now.

1974 FJ40 FS in Omaha World Herald

Did any of you notice the ad over the weekend? I was wondering if any of you are familiar with this rig.

I drove by and saw it but there is no For Sale sign, nobody was home. The rig looks pretty solid for $9500. Only place I saw it for sale was in the paper. No ad on CL that I could find.

Light bezel on upside down, no spare tire mount. Non Toyota steering wheel and column but otherwise stockish looking clean interior. Rear bench seat. 350V8.

74FJ40.jpg

Not bad - I like the color. I wish I knew more about the 40 series. $9500 seems a bit steep, but I know these can get up there. Is that hard top removable?

I think they are all removable but quite a few of them have never been off. I agree that sounds like a lot but you should see a typical $9500 FJ40. This one is relatively inexpensive. I want a stock mustard colored 40. Those all seem to be $20k-$30k or more. I saw one in Lincoln for $32,000 and another one, I can't remember where, for $59,000. Crazy money.

Holy crap!!! That post-fire picture is nuts. How/where did that happen? Was the ignition source from the truck (cats?) or was it some other source?

That's freaky stuff... Glad it worked out for you, though. That 40 looks great!

We were burning off about 200 acres of set-aside land, someone needed a pair of gloves, and i told them "There's a pair in my back seat, but make sure to shut the door when your done."... they did't that poly interior went up like a match!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom