TLCA chapter for MI/OH/IN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry I missed this. We are in Florida for the winter, but definitely interested in another meet-up this summer/fall.

I'm halfway between Grand Rapids and Traverse City and there are quite a few two-tracks and fire roads to run here with great scenery. I could also be convinced to host a BBQ get together at my place before heading out for fly-fishing and two-tracking.

I'll subscribe to the thread so I don't miss further info.

We've got some folk who fly fish...me included. We may have something coming up in Chelsea MI in the not to distant future.

BBQ, Fly-Fishing and 2-tracks sound great... May 1 - June 15th is going to be extremely difficult for me (Kids commitments- Graduation, Confirmation, Birthdays, etc.)

BBQ, Fly-Fishing and 2-tracks sound great... May 1 - June 15th is going to be extremely difficult for me (Kids commitments- Graduation, Confirmation, Birthdays, etc.)

Not a problem, I am traveling between Michigan and Florida through the end of May. I would not be able to host anything until at least mid-June.

We are located a short drive from the S. Branch of the Pere Marquette river as well...which is one of my favorite fishing spots.

Here's to the S. Branch!
MH work league1.JPG

Was on the South Branch of the Au Sable yesterday. Old Au Sable Fly Shop in Grayling [The old Fly Factory on the east side of 72 just south of Spike’s Keg of Nails] has built a new restaurant/bar. It sits right on the edge of the river w/ a patio overlooking the Au Sable. Large Selection of micro brews, bourbons, whiskeys and scotches. Super nice folk. Great view. Check it out if any of you are coming through Grayling this summer.

Our Menu

Shoot me your email. I can send you a link for friends and family ticket pre-sale. Regular public tix go on sale Friday.

The link in my post from the TC Opera House web page has the time/date etc re the event.

Looking forward to seeing some cruiser heads in the audience!

I found it if anyone wants the pre-sale link. General public go on sale 4/17.

MaxWeb Order

Awesome, thanks! Bought 4 tickets - my wife and I will be there, and will find another couple to bring along.

Cheers!

I've been slow to commit to anything after the initial Marshal get together because I war was hoping for a job and move to LA. I did get the job, but staying in Allendale. I'll be flying a lot...

So I'm still interested in being part of the group. I too have graduation stuff, a kid headed to basic and a deployment for me, but I'll be around at times.

I just got back from Denver where I got to meet and hang out with Nuclearlemon at her place. Cruiser people are too cool!

Then yesterday on my way home from GRR I spotted a nice green 78 fj40. I chased it down. The guy stopped by and chatted for a bit. I now have a new dentist! I invited him to mud and to this group. We'll see if he shows up...

Matthew

Sticking around MI huh...

Do they ever let civilians in at Selfridge for a tour or anything? I'd love to see a Warthog up close

:barefoot::barefoot:
View attachment 1454764

I'm at a long drill weekend at Selfridge ANGB and had the opportunity to meet Alan, AKAIE15 drive his 40 and have a beer. What a cool guy! He has a cool truck and would be a great addition to the group.

We didn't do a selfie, but this is his 74.

I had a great time meeting up Matthew. Looking forward to the next time - if my wonky pitman arm doesn't break first. :barefoot:

Do they ever let civilians in at Selfridge for a tour or anything? I'd love to see a Warthog up close

August 19-20 is a centennial celebration and airshow open to the public. The Thunderbirds are supposed to make a visit too.

Other than that you have to have a relative in OPS to get that close.

Matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom