TLCA chapter for MI/OH/IN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

olive

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all...I've been asking around to see if anyone was interested in getting an MI/OH/IN TLCA chapter together since the LC's are few and far between in the tri-state area and quite a few people have said they were interested. I guess that makes this the unofficial "official" get ahold of me @olive (Troy) and let me know if this is something you would like to do. I know everyone is busy with the regular day to day life so I was thinking along the lines of a bi-monthly get together, ect. Any ideas or questions just shoot them my way and I'll try to get back with you ASAP. Knowing an undertaking like this will take some time and the holidays being right around the corner it will probably be closer to spring before anything materializes. When we get a group with at least 10-12 people we should schedule an actual meeting somewhere to discuss how we would like to move forward with this. Again if it sounds like a good time just drop me a line and we'll go from there.

Thanks,
Troy
@olive

Troy,
I'd work to find some time to attend a few times per year.
Just getting together with like-interested people is good and if we could find some trails to drive it would be even better.

I hit the overland Expo in NC a few weeks back and had a great time. There were actually several people from Michigan, Ohio and Indiana there (most driving Taco's but a few LC's too).
Michael

Great, that's kind of the direction I think a tri-state group could go. I'm sure it would be more attended and more of a destination club if we can get it off the ground.

Depending on where it is, I'd be down. this sounds like a great idea.

I think it is a great idea @olive. We are all pretty spread out but it would be fun to get together a few times/year. Hopefully I have both of my 40s running by next Spring.

After Thanksgiving I'll start PM'ing everyone I have on the list so far so we can get a 1st meeting time/place around so we have as much participation as possible. Remember this won't be until spring and there are quite a few people but I would like to give enough time that everyone can get it into their schedule. If anyone has a place we could do some trail riding let me know, those would be the first places to consider.

Thanks,
@olive

Guys, I'd be in on something like this too.

It seems like the trails that are readily accessible start at about US20 or so and go north from there, except for maybe the Allegan state forest area? Not real sure on that one. A nice reasonable distance for all would be great. I am basically west MI but I will go pretty much any distance for this yo happen for me. There are some off road parks too, which I would do, but really just two tracking with scenery and stops to b.s. might be a great start.

As far as meeting up, do any of you want to attempt that before spring? Our first meet in Marshall for the 40 series cross country tour definitely proved to me that mud people are the real deal and great people. Low key and laid back is great in my world.

Sorry, not US20, M20 (Michigan)

I'll meet up before spring. The weather has been so mild it's kind of a shame to waste good wheeling time.

Sounds like fun to me!!

I would be interested as well. I'm not 100% where with my 80 that I'm ready to get to far from home but I should be before winter is out.

@olive

please put me on your lists for contact and club meet up's!

I still have a lot of work to do on my cruiser before she's drivable. on the current path I'm on, it should be done sometime in spring. but please keep me in the loop!

Thanks!
Bryce,

Troy - sorry for coming late to the thread. I’m in. I enjoyed the hell out of my trip from Traverse City to Marshall to meet you and the crew for the baton hand-off.... if there are numbers and a get-to-gether, I’m in for the drive. I’ve probably put another couple thousand miles on the 60 since we met. Looking forward to putting on some more.

To all watching this thread, there is a tentative plan to meet up on March 25th and it may be in Ann Arbor. Anyone interested chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom