TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

243E5F54-30B3-4032-B9F5-F1EC31D5463B.jpeg

“27megawatt generator” diesel $250

I’m sure it’ll be 27kw

Having bought something from these guys I get peppered with emails from them, it's the same chinese stuff everyone sells, but at least they ship fast/free, and from within canada.

Anyways, this seemed interesting. 12/24v, compressor not peltier like the cooltrons by the sounds of it. A few sizes.

Lot cheaper than ARB, and you wonder if the origins are all that different?

I already have a fridge I never use, so not for me.

It likely uses a Chinese copy of the Danfoss/Secop compressor that is used by ARB, Dominic, etc. Most of the reviews are decent, but time will telll if they last the 15+ years that the Danfoss ones do.

The Dometic fridge I’ve got is regularly available for about $500 USD from Raney’s Truck shop with free shipping within the USA and reasonably rates to Canada. That said I paid a bit more to buy it for Western Star trucks on Burnside Rd W. I decided, especially given my luck, that I’d rather buy from a local brick and mortar… of course it has been flawless for 5+ years now.

Maybe in 1960, these days I think that just means someone else orders it from china for you.

I'd probably give it a go if I needed one, but I don't. I rarely even put my beer in a fridge :lol:

Depends a lot on what it is. Generally I’ll order it directly, but we have a special ability to get broken things. By buying for essentially the same price locally, if it arrived broken I could just return it to the store… rather than paying for shipping back to the USA.

We ordered a new washer and dryer… both were damaged by the time they arrived. We ordered a new shower stall… not usable because of damage, I rejected delivery of its replacement because it was in even worse shape, and the replacements replacement also was damaged. In the end I used parts from 1 & 3 to make one good enough one, sent back the broken pile of parts, and took a credit for the hassle. The credit didn’t make up for the hassle… I’d rather have not spent hours on the phone getting it resolved and months waiting for parts.

@PG45er This is a nice one!

BTW, does anyone know the owner? Is he on here?

Diesel Compression tester. - digital. $50

5217A9FF-F49E-4CBE-AD44-450C4FD1604B.jpeg

I've seen it around lots, but don't know owner.
Worked on it back in the day, original owner brought it up from California I believe. Tiney bit of frame rust that was very well repaired, no sign of the repair at all.

4877552D-AC17-410F-B6FB-12D18F193B42.jpeg

98C44D37-67DD-4E51-B7DB-7D4AB0471592.jpeg

C3887794-C80B-407A-BDD3-213C758DB724.jpeg

Fairly cheap 40 by today’s prices. No association with seller.

Bezel is upside down… probably the reason for the low price.

Last edited:
14C5BC64-915E-46FE-8147-1DFB97FC70CC.jpeg

Seriously tempting… I’ve not spotted a pre 1979 version, yet.

Listing is in USD. I’ve sent an inquiry if they also have pre 79. If for $15k CDNish I could have a painted body it would be worth some serious thought. So much savings… considering what I’m reading paint jobs are going for.

I’d bet we could even do a group buy. Between here and Vancouver I’m sure it could be sorted out. Even better if they had a 43 length body. How hard would it be to find 10 buyers at that price?

@cruisediesel can surely attest to how easily one can hit $15k on a 40 build without giving it a second thought. Last I heard he was at $10k+ without factoring in anything for his time.

Yes I am just under 12g for mine. Add my time at $50 an hour and the total becomes 27g. But its built, not bought. The experience is priceless. Hours of trouble shooting all the small things. New tires, rims and upholstery. Not going to a daily job is ****ing epic. Investing in myself and my own time with no condescending zombies sucking the life out of you.. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom