TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw this m101 today.... a cool $3500 price tag!

59B6597F-B0AB-48FD-9E54-63426C07C797.jpeg

"Meh.... Truck is rough, we will just chop it in 1/2 and turn it into a trailer".
40 years later "That trailer is worth it just for the mint box".
Yeah, and if you try to haggle,the seller just shrugs and says, "feel free to go buy the other one that's for sale"

Had to google that box because I wondered if it was from a Stout. (Apparently not)

Next trick would be to find the front half of the truck. :lol:

Those soft doors would be nice for 2.0 in the summer.

Those soft doors would be nice for 2.0 in the summer.
Not my favourite style of soft doors.

I think those are the one piece type. Had a set once that didn't even use the factory hinge points, not sure if those are like that, but they really sucked.

I have a set of soft half doors and a bikini top. Might do that later on.

I thought it said they unzipped. Some sets the top pulls up and off. I have a set that I didn’t use. I made my steel half doors and they were much better.

Not sure if I'd actually want to own this, but it'd probably be a pretty posh ride as long as everything stayed working.

Not sure if I'd actually want to own this, but it'd probably be a pretty posh ride as long as everything stayed working.

I was looking into those a bit for a while there. Apparently they're not bad besides air ride suspension issues and oil cooler oil leaks. Neither issue is the end of the world if you can do your own wrenching. I think there can be little odds/ends issues with wastegates and idle control type parts too. But the core motor/trans is powerful and gets great mileage. Getting the early CRD version (not blutec) means less emissions crap too, and regular tires (not run flat).

I was looking into those a bit for a while there. Apparently they're not bad besides air ride suspension issues and oil cooler oil leaks. Neither issue is the end of the world if you can do your own wrenching. I think there can be little odds/ends issues with wastegates and idle control type parts too. But the core motor/trans is powerful and gets great mileage. Getting the early CRD version (not blutec) means less emissions crap too, and regular tires (not run flat).

a lot is whether you like messing with German cars too...takes a particular streak of masochism, that I'm not sure I can summon anymore.

I still think about a TDI for a commuter but fawk they're annoying to work on. :bang: :lol:

a lot is whether you like messing with German cars too...takes a particular streak of masochism, that I'm not sure I can summon anymore.

I still think about a TDI for a commuter but fawk they're annoying to work on. :bang: :lol:

Heh, yeah, that's sort of why I gave up on the idea. I figure I could replace the head on my 2lte a lot easier and faster than I could fix most things on that MB. So will just keep beating on my cruiser. Nine years of abuse and still no cracked head....

Heh, yeah, that's sort of why I gave up on the idea. I figure I could replace the head on my 2lte a lot easier and faster than I could fix most things on that MB. So will just keep beating on my cruiser. Nine years of abuse and still no cracked head....
I have a similar equation. Feels a bit ridiculous commuting in a 35 year old behemoth sometimes, but I've had my 61 for almost 7 years. Been pretty much trouble free in that time, so my cost of ownership has been peanuts.

Although...i might have to dig into the 12ht a bit if I can't find my rattle.

worry is that it's the ring land issue they can develop later in life. Mine allegedly is a low mileage for that but who knows if the clock was turned back.

Only happens at 2k rpm range under a bit of load. Any other time it's sounds good, so really hard to diagnose. Can't get it to happen in the driveway.

Still some external things I need to eliminate before I go in.

But even if it is the ring issue, I fix that and drive it another 5 years...still miles cheaper than a newer truck. If I can stomache driving the same thing for that long :lol:

I do think about something super cheap on fuel as our commuter mileage whore. Celica wasnt good enough on fuel to be worth it.

But again, any modern electric or hybrid type thing will eat up any gas savings the first time you have to take it to a NASA engineer for a repair...

Bah. I need to win the lottery so I can stay home and not have to think about this sorta bull**** anymore :hillbilly:

This is too cool! @PG45er no resto required - actually reasonable price

View attachment 2640685
24k seems like a shockingly good price.... although it's shocking to think of 24k USD as being cheap. If I could fit into one, I'd be more interested... but I think I'm about a foot too tall to comfortably fit into a SWB (single cab) 45.

Unsurprisingly this sold nearly immediately. Neat looking truck though, so worth posting.

Sold · 1987 Toyota pickup
$3,000
Listed 23 hours ago in Fort St John, BC

About This Vehicle
Driven 126,000 km
Manual transmission
Exterior color: White

Seller's description
1987 Toyota Custom Cab. 126000 miles. Needs a new 22r motor.

179573592_2932076310404573_6423513945540878203_n.jpg
178817551_2932076320404572_1955518604472187247_n.jpg
178850751_2932076337071237_4658803302636313145_n.jpg

That's quite the limo...

There were some weird variations with winnebago fiberglass bits and pieces. Trekkers I think they were called?

Guess it's probably not one of those. Cool tho.

Maybe a Toyota RV frame with the extra length filled in with a homemade stretch cab. Some of those RVs had a looong ass wheelbase to them.

That’s a low level bunkbed tent option! For us short people.

2B04F090-CB6A-417B-869B-6747A03FE74D.jpeg

Rims are Fugly... I’ve considered Mags but don’t know if I could handle those on a 40.

Not the worst, but they do scream PONTIAC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom