1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire pressure?

Discussion in '70-Series Tech' started by Lantec, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Lantec

Lantec

I have 31 X 10.5 R15 (I dunno what they measure to, since i'm used to the 225/45/1X measurement) Bridgestone Winter Duelers (they came with them on the vehicle, but I probably shouldn't be running winter tires in the summer.)

On the tag on the driver side, it says it should be 2.0kg/cm2 in the front and 2.3 kg/cm2 in the back, when I did the conversions, it roughly comes to 28psi in the front :eek:, I don't know much about these trucks but that seems a tad low.

I'm doing pretty much all on-road driving, should I/can I bump up the tire pressure?

2. MICKruiser

MICKruiser

I believe your tire is rated to 50 psi, same as mine. I run 38-34 psi front-back for highway.

3. MICKruiser

MICKruiser

ooops, 38-34 back-front of course. Where's the coffee?

4. Lantec

Lantec

hmm, I'll see how it affects my mileage... down to 3/4 left in the tank at 224km.... not sure if it's economical as it sounds

5. MICKruiser

MICKruiser

6. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

actually I run 28 PSI front and rear in my both Cruisers .. 80 and 60 series, one with 285 and other with 37"

7. crushers

crushers post ho SILVER Star

what max pressure does it say on the side wall?
    what i suggest is taking a piece of chalk and draw some heavy lines across the tread and then go for a drive straight ahead and see where it wears off. if it is on the outside first then the air pressure is too low, if it is the middle then the air pressure is too high... keep adjusting till the entire line wears smoothly...
    note: some tires are designed to run on the inner tread only on the road so take that into consideration. the duelers are designed to run on the full face...
    cheers

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">