Tire Carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright guys, I'm Looking into building my own swing out carrier with a separate for jerry cans/cooler. Any suggestions or maybe your own that you built. I'm trying to find the fine line of being overbuilt but not overweight.

A strong enough rear swing out that'll also carry cans will be very heavy by default. It'll be up to you to decide if it should be labeled "over weight" or not. In my book, they all are. Too much weight fulcrumed out over the rear.

A strong enough rear swing out that'll also carry cans will be very heavy by default. It'll be up to you to decide if it should be labeled "over weight" or not. In my book, they all are.

I was planning on 2 separate swing outs like a split gate style. I was thinking of possibly doing it out of aluminum.

Need a bump on this. I am going to be building it this weekend and need an idea on how to support the side opposite of the spindle when it is closed. maybe a bump stop just high enough to fill the gap between the bumper and the swing?

I don't want to be negative Nancy ... and it sounds like it's too late ... but you may want to consider buying one. I will fit better and be tested to do what you want. Just my 2 cents.

I don't want to be negative Nancy ... and it sounds like it's too late ... but you may want to consider buying one. I will fit better and be tested to do what you want. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I already have the spindles, studs and mounting plate for the tire. So I'm already in it . I have a couple ideas but I always try to get other opinions and ideas.

Your idea is good! It’s what a lot of “kits” supply.
I bought a plastic cutting board at a restaurant supply store, cut pieces to fit, and it’s been holding up just fine for over a year. It’s not elegant, but it works, and it’s sturdy and easy to finish with a router.

3DE783B1-E749-4383-A5AF-0514B5745C29.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom