Timing Chain Cover and Crankcase Pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I had an oil leak at the front of the engine and I decided to change the crankcase pulley oil seal and oil pump cover o ring.

See my crankcase pulley below, what do you guys make out of it? Can I still reuse it? The rubbery is pretty worn out.

I also noticed a crack in the timing chain cover. Not sure if the oil is coming through this crack since the whole front of the engine is covered with oil sludge. Do I need to replace my timing chain cover as well?

Thanks in advance!

Joseph

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender_1.jpg
FullSizeRender_2.jpg

IMG_2678.JPG
IMG_2679.JPG

I've got a new oil pump seal, crank seal and idler pulley sitting in a box on my desk as I type this. Just need to track down a torque bar that goes to 305# and I'll be doing the same thing shortly. Hopefully yours went smooth, keeping my fingers crossed on mine.

Is that a crack or an imperfection in the casting/machining? I really didn't think much about the crank pulley, priced a Toyota one yet? I suspect it's not a bad idea to throw a new one on there if you're going to be in there anyway.

How long to pull? Anything unexpected?

I had the front grill, radiator and condenser off the truck when I pulled this so it was easier than having to reach from top. I had to use a crankcase pulley puller to remove it. I was following the video below.

fzj80 oil leak - YouTube

I've got a new oil pump seal, crank seal and idler pulley sitting in a box on my desk as I type this. Just need to track down a torque bar that goes to 305# and I'll be doing the same thing shortly. Hopefully yours went smooth, keeping my fingers crossed on mine.

Is that a crack or an imperfection in the casting/machining? I really didn't think much about the crank pulley, priced a Toyota one yet? I suspect it's not a bad idea to throw a new one on there if you're going to be in there anyway.

I got a 3/4 torque wrench from harbor freight which maxes at 300 lbs. Crankcase pulley is around $300+ at ToyotaPartsDeal. Link below.

13470-66030 - Toyota Parts Deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom