Thread for Coolant Temp Sending unit

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Isotel, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Isotel

Isotel

Media:
    Albums:
    Im Trying to Adapt a Toyota Sending Unit to work with my Stock 1976 Guages, and a TBI 88 350 Motor.. I Belive the GM Thread is 3/8" NPT and the Toyota is 3/8" BNPT (British Pipe thread). Can anyone Confirm this?

Downey never got back to me, and near as i can tell its not a common part.. Jerry Nickles can make me one by Machining down my old adapter, and Welding it together with a stock GM one, but id rather not hastle with that.. also i see there is 2 types of BNPT Flared and not flared??

Alot about it in the archives about the 1/8" Oil Pressure, but not much dealing with the Coolant one..

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
  3. bsevans

bsevans Focus on the Journey

Media:
    Albums:
    Post #25 has the thread size for the temperature sender and some photos of the VDO repalcement. The temperature sender is M16x1.5 straight thread with a taper seal

4. Isotel

Isotel

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks, I was on that thread but was a bit confused.. I Found an adapter that looks like it will work, It was just hangin around the garage from an old Aftermarket Guage :doh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.