1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread for Coolant Temp Sending unit

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Isotel, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Isotel

Isotel

Media:
    Albums:
    Im Trying to Adapt a Toyota Sending Unit to work with my Stock 1976 Guages, and a TBI 88 350 Motor.. I Belive the GM Thread is 3/8" NPT and the Toyota is 3/8" BNPT (British Pipe thread). Can anyone Confirm this?

Downey never got back to me, and near as i can tell its not a common part.. Jerry Nickles can make me one by Machining down my old adapter, and Welding it together with a stock GM one, but id rather not hastle with that.. also i see there is 2 types of BNPT Flared and not flared??

Alot about it in the archives about the 1/8" Oil Pressure, but not much dealing with the Coolant one..

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
  3. bsevans

bsevans Focus on the Journey

Media:
    Albums:
    Post #25 has the thread size for the temperature sender and some photos of the VDO repalcement. The temperature sender is M16x1.5 straight thread with a taper seal

4. Isotel

Isotel

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks, I was on that thread but was a bit confused.. I Found an adapter that looks like it will work, It was just hangin around the garage from an old Aftermarket Guage :doh:

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">