This thread is so I don't feel bad... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.vagarage.net
Hi y'all. I'm Anthony and I have been lurking around for awhile and could have sworn I had signed up and posted here before but apparently had not. I feel bad because now I have a FJ-80 I need to sell but I didn't want my first post to be a for sale. So, I hope this is an ok place for my "howdy" post...

Anyway, some of you may know me from Yotatech, Ultimate Yota, TTORA, Pirate, DSO, RVA-OR, VAXC, etc. (same username). I wheel a 1987 Toyota 4Runner. I've done some stuff to it and have big plans but it works well enough for now. To learn more than you'd ever want to know about it click the link in my sig. Here's a few pics.. Hope you don't mind a Runner guy around (to be fair I deliberated for awhile between an FJ-60 and the 4Runner):

Shoe Creek:
DSC00711-800X600.JPG

Oak Ridge Estate:
DSC00537-800X600.JPG

Old pic at Crozet:
DSC06325-800X600.JPG

mickey says.....stickers are ooooooootay.

Haha.. On that note, I forgot to include a hood shot...

DSC00548-800X600.JPG

Hey, at least it gets the attention away from my dented and rusted hood :D. It'll get revamped with fiberglass panels and all when I do my suspension so the stickers will go then too.

did you have that rig at pargon last year:confused:

Nope, never been to Paragon unfortunately. I'm gonna be in FL during the 4Runner jamboree too. My schedule just sucks when it comes to the big wheeling trips.

4Runner over a 60???

I know, I know. However, I have put about 12K miles on the 4Runner over the past year (DD) and, honestly, that wouldn't have been much fun paying for fuel in a 60. That was what it really came down to, how much I drive. Also, I decided I wanted a rig I could do the long travel IFS on. I already have a solid axle rig that I will be building soon for the big rocks (83 Toyota pickup). Also, I love the removable top on the 4Runner and it has been dead reliable and a surprisingly capable rig for what I have done to it (rear locker, skids, AALs & shackles, and still on 31" ATs). I'm happy with my decision but maybe in a few years when I get a family going I may build my 60 or 80 then.

Originally Posted by kade
4Runner over a 60???

Is there even a comparison???

Chili & Kade, not sure what you mean by this...Here we are in the mini truck board. One point I will make is the runner, (being smaller), can get around. Here in NE. that sometimes makes the diff. between continuing on the trail, or turning around.

Amgraham, You have my respect for the 4runner...Yours looks good.

I have a 84' that has never let me down. One day I will post a thread on how much work it has done for me and never let me down...

amgraham, welcome to mud :flipoff2:

(9 replies and no welcome salute. Slackers.)

Thanks guys.. I didn't know where to post this so cool. Also, it was nice to see my post count go up ;)

1. welcome to the dark side.
2. the 4runner was a wise decision.
3. 4runners have always been cool.
4. where'd you get red back lighting for you cluster?

They are just red 194 bulbs. I got them at NAPA but have also seen them at Advance and Walmart on occasion. For the climate control I couldn't find a red bulb so I wrapped a clear one in some of that red taillight repair tape and it turned out great (and hasn't overheated or burnt out in the year or so that I've had it in there). The red backlight is so much easier on the eyes at night and I tend to do a lot of night driving. I'm getting ready to do the same on my pickup when I swap an SR5 cluster in.

Yeah, I haven't regretted the 4Runner decision.. It's a great truck and I have a lot of fun in it without putting out a ton of money.

trust me this is not the dark side. :lol:

look below
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Thanks dude! Also, it looks like I'm gonna finally score a Warn 8000 for my TJM this morning. I'm trading the FJ80 for a modded out 01 XJ and am gonna swipe the mods I can use off of that before I sell it.

I see you made it over to mud. I thought I could get away. Nice looking rid of course and grats on the winch might need it if we go wheeling this weekend since its been raining lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom