Third row seat belts missing in 2000 LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,
I just bought my first Cruiser recently. It has the third row seats present, but no seat belts or any bolt holes/points to attach visible in the window column.
Is this normal? It'd great to get advice on how to proceed with fitting a set.
Cheers

They may be disconnected and tucked behind the side panels. That's what I did with mine.

Jim

Some rigs didn’t have 3rd rows ordered with them. I have trim and seat belts if you want to install. I want to say the left the floors with all the mounts oddly enough. Didn’t want 2 sets of carpets and what not. Made them easy for dealer install if requested I guess.

Some rigs didn’t have 3rd rows ordered with them. I have trim and seat belts if you want to install. I want to say the left the floors with all the mounts oddly enough. Didn’t want 2 sets of carpets and what not. Made them easy for dealer install if requested I guess.
Thanks CJ - yeah, there's no sign of the belts on the rear most window column whatsoever...must be as you suggest. Thank you for the offer, will endeavour to find something in Kenya first 🙏

Thanks CJ - yeah, there's no sign of the belts on the rear most window column whatsoever...must be as you suggest. Thank you for the offer, will endeavour to find something in Kenya first 🙏
didn't notice location. ya that is probably better!!!

If you can share pictures, that would help, you might have a different rear seat setup than what was available in the US.

If you can share pictures, that would help, you might have a different rear seat setup than what was available in the US.
Hi Exiled,
Thanks for your reply. It looks like this:
20200907_155040.jpg
20200907_155040.jpg

It doesn't look like those 3rd row seats were original to the vehicle. Could originally have been a 5 seater. I would pull the trimming off the pillar and see if it has the upper/lower seat belt fastening mounts.

Interesting. The floor panel IMO looks like it has the 3rd rows from factory, but the D-pilliar looks like it's a factory 5 seater.

It doesn't look like those 3rd row seats were original to the vehicle. Could originally have been a 5 seater. I would pull the trimming off the pillar and see if it has the upper/lower seat belt fastening mounts.
Yeah, the car dealer added the third row for me prior to selling...all coverings done locally here in Kenya.

Interesting. The floor panel IMO looks like it has the 3rd rows from factory, but the D-pilliar looks like it's a factory 5 seater.
I wonder if none exists on the pillar, if it's possible to retro fit the third row belts ?

IIRC, the 7 seaters have a reinforced floor. So, I would also check the quality of the retrofit from below (above the spare tire area).

IIRC, the 7 seaters have a reinforced floor. So, I would also check the quality of the retrofit from below (above the spare tire area).
Good advice, thanks...I'll check underneath for the strengthening.

They actually look like they have headrests similar to the 200 series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom