Thinking of Trading my LC for another LC... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2008 LC Salsa Red 93xxx miles. It has tan interior and I am definitely a dark interior guy. The reason I purchased this one is that it was a decent deal and I needed a vehicle for my wife as her flex started going haywire.

Now she has an Avalon as a daily and she gave me the go ahead to modify it. That being said, I know this my be trivial but I am not digging the tan interior. If I am going to modify a 200 series I will keep it a while considering the price of them and the price of mods.

Before I start tearing into this bad boy I am throwing around the idea of either selling then purchasing another or just trading LC for LC. I have done this before with diesel trucks and it worked out well. I am trying to convince myself to just keep what I have and start throwing parts at it, on the other hand I am contemplating one with black or grey interior. Just looking for some outside advice.

20160811_101211_1470931908848.jpg

Funny, I was looking for this specific vehicle a few months ago. I wanted the tan interior b/c with 2 kids it is easier to keep clean! I bought a truck from MS with 140k on it, but would've preferred yours with fewer miles.

You have a desirable vehicle with low mileage, especially if it has been well maintained and in TX all its life and rust free. If the interior color really bothers you, put it up for sale and see what happens.

OP, it all comes down to YOUR preferences and how strong those preferences are. I've always been a dark interior guy. I just think the "mood" of an interior is entirely different depending upon the color. If the dash and steering wheel are black, and ideally the tops of the door panels, I can perhaps live with it. Light colored steering wheel and dash? Does NOT work for me.

Several years ago I bought an LS 430 with the light interior. I knew I was going against my long-standing preferences but I thought, "how bad can it be?" Well, after a coupe of years could not take it anymore, sold it and bought one with black interior. So, I have to support your notion of selling your LC and getting the dark interior if that's what you want to do. Good luck.

There are those who love them a beige interior and those who don’t. No judgment — it’s not a choice, they were born that way...

It’s my belief that if you’re lucky enough to own a LC of any ilk, your lucky enough. That said and first world problems not withstanding, my preference is black (I wish my black interior didn’t have the gray upper part but through much reflection and self contemplation have come to terms with it). You have my support swapping vehicles prior to building it up to your liking.

Had beige interior in my Silver 100 series and never gave it a second thought.
Liked it.

Now that I've had dark grey interior though, I'm a dark interior fan.

On the other hand... Who cares? :)
In Papua New Guinea, we'd say, "Laik bilong yu!"

Last edited:
If you are planning on doing a bunch of mods, and keeping the truck for a long time, get what you want. It doesn't matter what everyone else likes. You are the one that opens the door and climbs into it on a daily basis.

The moment you open the door you should be thinking "how fortunate I am to have such a great rig"......not " I wish this was a different interior because I really don't like this one"

You'll never find another red one, that's for sure. Very rare color.

Occasionally I get a thought to trade up to a '15, it's shocking how many of them are black exterior, which is a no-sale for me.

Planning on keeping it a long time? Get what you want...and don't overlook the fact that there are millions of Golden Retriever owners that love a tan interior and are potential buyers. I miss the tan I had my '00 LX470 every time I get the dog out of my current truck!

Interior color is definitely a personal preference. My LC is white exterior with a tan interior. I much prefer a lighter interior. Black interiors heat up more in the summer and can be really uncomfortable if the vehicle has been parked in the sun for some period.

Interior color is definitely a personal preference. My LC is white exterior with a tan interior. I much prefer a lighter interior. Black interiors heat up more in the summer and can be really uncomfortable if the vehicle has been parked in the sun for some period.

Being from AZ I cant agree with this statement.
HOT is still HOT.
There is this thing called A/C in the year 2018.
Turn it on and roll windows down.
Youll be fine in 5 min. Then roll windows up.
Besides dont the newer models have A/C in seats?
BLACK Truck, Black Interior here.

Tan will be just as hot.
I have a White 7 Series BMW before and As nice of leather BMW uses it still showed and drove the hell out of me the blue jean marks on seat from climbing in and out.
Lets not kid ourselves here.
If you like Black, just get it.
Dont live with the "woulda, coulda" at the back of your head.
Your wife says to change... do it before she changes her mind.

Thanks for all the comments guys. My last two cruisers were tan interior and I just dealt with it due to vehicle availability. All my other vehicles have had dark interior either black or grey. My wife on the other hand favors the tan interior, all of her vehicles except her Flex have had light colored interiors. My current Ram 3500= dark interior...Don't get me wrong I love the exterior color tan is just not doing it for me...

Another thing is price. I was able to snag this one for about 34k or around there with fairly low miles. Others LC's that I have seen are at lest in the 40k range. The mods I am planning are Tundra front end conversion with lift, bumpers, dual batteries, roof rack, sliders, sleeping system, tires, nothing crazy but still a decent amount of money. I still owe on the vehicle as well. These are all deciding factors that are also floating around in my head. I am planning on attending the event in July as well so I better get on the ball either way..

Last edited:
You'll be hard pressed to find another sub 100K mile cruiser. the Salsa/Tan wasn't my first choice, but it was too good a deal to pass up.
if the tan bothers you, there are seat covers and floor mats that cover almost all the tan color.
being in Texas, a lighter interior may make the truck feel cooler, even though there is no actual temperature difference between light and dark if you tint the windows.

just for reference, here is an 08' with tundra conversion, sliders, roof rack, and 35s.
IMG_1465.JPG

in a world of grey/black/white.....throw in some color!!!!!

moab 17 lineup.jpg

TexAZ, that is what I am looking for out of my cruiser. Looks good. I would most likely stay with the stock rims or if I can swing it some new ones. How hard was it getting all the parts together for the Tundra conversion? How hard was it to install?

There is this thing called A/C in the year 2018.

We should be able to disagree without being disagreeable.

Turn it on and roll windows down.
Youll be fine in 5 min. Then roll windows up.
Besides dont the newer models have A/C in seats?

The new models have ventilated seats, not cooled seats. A fan in the seat blows interior air through the seat. That certainly helps, but it isn't as though it is directing an a/c vent into the seat cushion. Until the a/c has cooled the interior, it is simply blowing hot air through the seat. My 2013 has ventilated seats, so I do have direct experience with them.

BLACK Truck, Black Interior here.

Tan will be just as hot.

I've had black cars. I've had white cars. I've had cars with black interiors. I've had cars with lighter interiors. In the summer, when I have to park my car in direct sun, for me, a light colored interior is more comfortable. Yes, after a period of time the A/C will cool down the interior, but those first 10 minutes sitting on a blazing hot black seat just sucks, IMO. YMMV.

I have a White 7 Series BMW before and As nice of leather BMW uses it still showed and drove the hell out of me the blue jean marks on seat from climbing in and out.

I haven't seen any such marks on my tan interior. I suspect that a white interior would be more susceptible to that, but I've never had a car with a white interior.

@THE LIRA , gathering the parts for the Tundra swap can be as easy as a phone call and a healthy credit card bill, or a little time and searching to find decent quality used parts. I have more time than money, so I searched Craigslist, Ebay, and some local desert race shops.
the parts list is fairly straight forward, upper control arms, lower control arms, outer tie rod ends, and CV axles.
I would recommend the passenger side sway bar connecting link as well, but it isn't mandatory.

200 Series Lift using Tundra front IFS and Icon shocks

doesn't sound like you are a fan of the 20s. understandable. here's a shot of the truck with Rock warriors and 285/75/17 tires.
IMAG0270.jpg

I have a dark grey interior, but I've been amazed what a difference *dark tinted windows* has had on preventing interior heat.

Even with 109-111 degree heat in direct sunlight, the interior surfaces stay so much cooler without direct sunlight blasting them.

@THE LIRA , gathering the parts for the Tundra swap can be as easy as a phone call and a healthy credit card bill, or a little time and searching to find decent quality used parts. I have more time than money, so I searched Craigslist, Ebay, and some local desert race shops.
the parts list is fairly straight forward, upper control arms, lower control arms, outer tie rod ends, and CV axles.
I would recommend the passenger side sway bar connecting link as well, but it isn't mandatory.

200 Series Lift using Tundra front IFS and Icon shocks

doesn't sound like you are a fan of the 20s. understandable. here's a shot of the truck with Rock warriors and 285/75/17 tires.
View attachment 1634693

Your sig says Ridge Grapplers, but those look like Toyos. Curious what you're running and if you're running 285/75/70 RG's, what they measure front to back when mounted...?

My opinion....if your truck is in great shape mechanically and the interior color is the only item hanging you up, I would look at seat covers or something else minor to modify the inside rather than resetting with a new truck where you'd would start over at square one. Mod dollars would go to maintenance that is probably already done on your truck. Some other mud members have some very nice seat cover mods that have storage on the back of the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom