Builds TheGrrrrr Build Thread - 2013 LC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well some sad news to report this evening. I had to say goodbye to my best friend and the original reason I ended up with a Range Rover that lit my fire for off-roading. Hank was as good a dog and friend as ever walked the earth and I'll forever be grateful for him. Without him, there is no Range Rover and no Land Cruiser and I wouldn't have met all of you. The friendships I've made in this community will always be part of his legacy.

IMG_0066.jpeg

His heart made his body look small by comparison and nobody didn't love "The Big Guy"

IMG_3439.jpeg

One last shot...

IMG_2058.JPG

Love ya, bud.

I feel for you, we lost our first Doberman of over 14 years earlier this year. It's incredible to think back on all of the places visited, people befriended and memories made because of their existence. ADGTH!!!

Sad news. Looks like you gave him a great life. Could not imagine traveling w/o a furry sidekick.

Sorry for your loss. Not too many things worse than losing a dog. They repeatedly show us humans how unworthy we are and what unconditional love is. Eventually you will get another one. They never take the place of the one you had, they just create a new place, but usually they end up ranking right there alongside and will help fill that gap that is created when you lose something that loves you unconditionally.

Sorry for your loss

Well some sad news to report this evening. I had to say goodbye to my best friend and the original reason I ended up with a Range Rover that lit my fire for off-roading. Hank was as good a dog and friend as ever walked the earth and I'll forever be grateful for him. Without him, there is no Range Rover and no Land Cruiser and I wouldn't have met all of you. The friendships I've made in this community will always be part of his legacy.

View attachment 2840266

His heart made his body look small by comparison and nobody didn't love "The Big Guy"

View attachment 2840270

One last shot...

View attachment 2840278

Love ya, bud.
Sorry for you loss, brother. I know what you're feeling.

Just picked up the Revolution Rings and Pinions from Cryo-One (aka: Ayers Gear & Axle in Phoenix). They did a Cryo treatment and REM ISF plus three heat cycles. Now I've collected all the parts and they are ready for install.

IMG_3504.jpeg

IMG_3501.jpeg

IMG_3503.jpeg

IMG_3502.jpeg

Interdasting!!!

Interdasting!!!

I’ll go ahead and assume you don’t realize that’s an insult. Happy to recalibrate if I’m wrong.

I’ll go ahead and assume you don’t realize that’s an insult. Happy to recalibrate if I’m wrong.
Had to look that one up. Didn’t think it was a real word. It’s not a real word in that you won’t find it in a Merriam dictionary. You will find it in slang dictionary’s but it seems to have multiple meanings. Some are an insult to the other person and some are more self deprecating while the first Urban dictionary meaning is a complement.

Sorry, wife’s a librarian….

Had to look that one up. Didn’t think it was a real word. It’s not a real word in that you won’t find it in a Merriam dictionary. You will find it in slang dictionary’s but it seems to have multiple meanings. Some are an insult to the other person and some are more self deprecating while the first Urban dictionary meaning is a complement.

Sorry, wife’s a librarian….

LOL. Probably some regional differences too. I tend to assume folks on here are generally not jerks, which is why I wanted to clarify.

Lol, it's funny because it was supposed to read "interesting" and I'm not sure how it became that word lol. I'm not vague or peculiar when I insult someone, I'll just straight up insult you, this was most certainly a typo.

I took it as a made up word with funny intent as per first urban dictionary meaning, with no ill intent.

The work (and documentation by Zuk) has begun!

Fresh out of the truck and on the bench:
0338162A-F2A7-430A-BE58-4D5590494EDD.jpeg

Bearing on the left matches the rounded journal on the locker, and replaces the one that came in the install kit.

Zuk says “It's kind of hard to see but the bearing on the left has a much larger radius compared to the bearing on the right which has a tiny radius...almost a 90-degree transition ....and the bearing on the left is the bearing of choice because it would will seat fully on the elocker journal because of the curvature issue”

C31738C5-DAE4-43D5-9E58-8AF435D25767.jpeg

This is showing how Eaton is reinforcing and braising the welds on the stop tabs after the bad batch from earlier this year.
9C64D1E3-666D-4F63-924F-6A58EBA6FF6A.jpeg

DE42ACDD-20DE-4FBA-9CCE-398C6958F4AC.jpeg

Looks like good progress in an afternoon.

77A2784B-0DE8-4653-BFF8-C327ACAF05D5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom