Builds TheGrrrrr Build Thread - 2013 LC (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great build @TheGrrrrr ! I'm curious about Rhino rack's noise level in highway speeds and also what is the Dobinsons drawers dimension? Is it actually designed to act as a sleeping platform too or did you modify it? Cheers.

Noise level isn't bad as long as you either do not have the rail system or if you do have the rail system, making sure you have a light bar to act as a wind fairing. Any rack will generate some noise, but this one doesn't generate much in those configurations. The Dobinsons drawers fill up the cargo area and are the same height as the second row seats folded down. the combination of the two create a pretty effective sleeping platform.

I've posted most of this elsewhere, but just to keep the build thread updated...

Wired up all of my power in the cargo area including the gang of ports on drawer face, the 12v socket for the fridge, the Icom ID-5100a HAM Radio all via a BlueSea fuse block mounted to the forward face of the drawers. Also mounted a new Comet antenna to the rear hatch, ran a mic extension up the center console and mounted the HAM Radio head unit on a CD Slot mag mount... and installed a bottle opener on the drawer face.

IMG_0672.jpeg

IMG_0679.jpeg

IMG_0677.jpeg

IMG_0676.jpeg

IMG_0682.jpeg

Last edited:
I've posted most of this elsewhere, but just to keep the build thread updated...

Wired up all of my power in the cargo area including the gang of ports on drawer face, the 12v socket for the fridge, the Icom ID-5100a HAM Radio all via a BlueSea fuse block mounted to the forward face of the drawers. Also mounted a new Comet antenna to the rear hatch, ran a mic extension up the center console and mounted the HAM Radio head unit on a CD Slot mag mount... and installed a bottle opener on the drawer face.

View attachment 2228641

View attachment 2228642

View attachment 2228643

View attachment 2228644

View attachment 2228645

Any chance for some part numbers for the antenna and antenna mount? Thanks!

How are you liking the Duratracs on the 200? How did your first set hold up? I had them on my 100 and they were fantastic in the winter. I'm also curious how many miles you have on your SPC UCAs and how they're holding up?

Duratracs came off to accommodate larger Ridge Grapplers. Currently they are sitting in my storage unit. The SPCs have about 5k miles on them and have held up great. They seem to be the best option after researching many. The ball joint is replaceable and unlike most others no reports of creaking/noise from them. They made all the difference in getting my alignment right after the 2" lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom