The Trail Ride Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bump...

Anyone interested in Golden Mountain trip next weekend (Oct 21st-23rd)?
So far, we have the following:
  • Joe (maybe - no radiator currently, still a chance...)
  • Shawn (yes - needs to install head)
  • Nik (yes)
  • Mark/Nelson (coming to town)

I might be able to make it. It will be close , off all week and plan to do a lot of work.

Still looking at going to Golden Mountain or Caryville?

Nik told me the trip was cancelled. Looks like it might take place on Nov. 11th. This is also the annual meeting for STLCA at Wind Rock. Guess we could always ride with them. We need to get a club ride sometime.

You guys are welcome to come ride with us!

Thanks for the invite Andy. Hope to see you guys in November at STLCA annual election meeting at WindRock in November.

morning guys

The family and I are going to be staying near Sevierville for Christmas holidays and my son and I would like to spend at least one day on some trails at Windrock or in the NP. Never been to the area before.

Any suggestions on particular trails? I know weather will of course be a factor if its really nasty and keeping in mind will be alone (unless someone wants to get out and wheel, more than welcome) but I'll have all the recovery gear of course just in case.

thanks for any input

morning guys

The family and I are going to be staying near Sevierville for Christmas holidays and my son and I would like to spend at least one day on some trails at Windrock or in the NP. Never been to the area before.

Any suggestions on particular trails? I know weather will of course be a factor if its really nasty and keeping in mind will be alone (unless someone wants to get out and wheel, more than welcome) but I'll have all the recovery gear of course just in case.

thanks for any input

Welcome to the area.

As for day trips, Caryville (where some of us are headed this Friday) is pretty fun and doesn't normally take all day (right Jordan! ;)).
Windrock is a great place and we all go there at least once a year for GSMTR.
Caveat is that it depends what type of wheeling you are looking for. For Windrock you need to plan for a pretty long day, Caryville is bit shorter of a day. Both are fun, just depends how much wheeling you want to do.
Not sure if you have a Windrock map, but 2, 16, 22 are all pretty fun...few challenging spots, but nothing too bad. On other side of mountain, 36, 26, 27, etc... are all pretty fun as well. You can access several gravel roads at Windrock which makes it easy getting off the mountain if need be.
Hit us up as it gets closer and maybe some of us can catch up with you at either spot so you don't have to wheel alone.

Thanks for the info
I'll look up Caryville and those trails on the windrock map

Definitely touch base when gets a bit closer

Thanks

Kids and I will be checking out 2,16,22... at windrock as Nik suggested on Monday the 26th if anyone wants to join us.

Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas

Hey I thought I might put up that there are some guys from GA heading up to Golden mountain in Sparta Dec 28-31 if anybody is looking for something to do before the new year.

There is a thread in the GA clubhouse for anyone interested.

Very Welcome. Also, the STLCA new years Cove Run is that same weekend. Anyone interested see thread in the clubhouse of the same name.

I won't be attending either, heck I have barely made GSMTR the last few years, but hoping to change that this year and get a little more dirt on the tires.

Me and the wife went to Asheville this week and hit Hurricane Creek on the way back. That was our first time to Hurricane Creek and the worst part of the trail was turning off of I-40 on to the trail. I didn't have a compressor ( next purchase ) so the ride was rough running at street pressure. Had a good time but my wife was over it by the time we got to the gravel road going to Max Patch.

Looking to do some light to moderate trail riding the 14 or 21st of January. Not sure where I'm going. Just want to get out on the trail somewhere.

Saturday ride coming up. May go to the watershed or the flats. Anyone interested ? Don't want to get too crazy, just a shake down run for the 60. If know one wants to go, I may ride with some Jeep guys. They are always hitting the trails.

Okay, anyone want to go the 21st of January a ride in the Smokies. I'll get details and post

Wish I lived closer! There are some great places out East, I'm sure!

Okay, its a park in Cosby called Outdoor In the Smokies. It is a ride to benefit veterans. The park is around 64 acres with mild to moderate trails. Anyone is welcome to come, pay a fee that goes to the Veterans home.

that is last years video. Would be nice if a bunch of us went from the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom