The plan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Full_M3tal said:
Are You Using a 110 Welder? Whats You Wire Speed At, And Heat.... And Are You Pushing Or Pulling Your Weld?
110 (Hobart Handler 135) ws=6 pwr=60 pushing for the hanger beads, ws=5 pwr=50 for tacks.

Dude. That is pretty ultimate. Keep up the good work.

You don't happen to know anyone in the Salika family, do you? My best friend's family; they have lived in the Reno area for a little over 20 years...

rusty, i think that looks great. but... looks like you had to punch a realy big hole in your front crossmember, i'd try to brace that up a bit.
just .02, carl

Hi Rusty I'm in Donner Springs area. Those welds look better than mine? :)

fng55 said:
rusty, i think that looks great. but... looks like you had to punch a realy big hole in your front crossmember, i'd try to brace that up a bit.
just .02, carl
Thanks, I plan to cut even more material away then weld a new plate in.

Yooper:Thanks, I'm trying. Don't know anybody by that name.

DiHrdBowTi: We lived on Rio Encantado for 15 years, just moved south a couple of years ago.

fng55 said:
just .02, carl

Best Ting I've Herd Was To Cut Crossmeber Into A "U" Shape, Then Weld In A Piece
Of Pipe... Just My 2 Cents

rusty_tlc said:
The view from my front yard this morning, AKA why I love Nevada:
Dscn1498.jpg

Some great wheeling 5 minutes from my house.

HEY RUSTY!!! So, you live in South Meadows??:D Lately I have been working in S. Meadows and I see that canyon everyday. You've been up there? I wondered if there was good wheeling up there.

MISFIT said:
HEY RUSTY!!! So, you live in South Meadows??:D Lately I have been working in S. Meadows and I see that canyon everyday. You've been up there? I wondered if there was good wheeling up there.
There is an old fire road that goes into the top side. I'll probably hike the canyon when it gets a little warmer. I'm hoping the new water tank access will open the lower saecion of road to the public. Bronco would only be about twenty minutes from my house then.

I finally got some alone time with the cruiser
Cleaned up the hole;

Made a patch

Finished up the bracket

Patch in place

Dry fit

I ran out of steam before I lifted the bumper and winch back in place.

Any Updates

Krap - Was looking for an update on this thread but was missing page 2 - doh...

Actually I need to take some pics and update. I finished things up this weekend.

Please do. I'm halfway thru mine and half been watching this thread as I have many of the same issues. Would really like info. on the pitman arm as I think you've got same box (metric o-ring - mine's the AGR box) as I do - and where you got it - flat correct? Also pics of rear shackle hanger for front axle and what size shackle you used - I've got the under frame shackle mount to install and won't know if it'll work until I line everything up and see how it fits with my hysteer arms.

I will be removing my 2.5" add a leaves - so same problems with springs.

Also - It looks like you're PS plate ended up exactly where mine is. I would be hard pressed to move mine upward as it changes the angle on my steering shaft (done a few years ago) - and I trimmed the stock 6 motor mount flange to allow clearance - unless I butcher the cross member my box needs to hang below the rail.

See - https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=82781

rusty_tlc said:
Actually I need to take some pics and update. I finished things up this weekend.

Rear shackle finished angle, just need to finish welding
Dscn1558.jpg

Guesstimating where the drag link will be with a pitman arm.
Dscn1557.jpg

front shackle angle w/through frame hanger
Dscn1556.jpg

Maybe a better pic
Dscn1555.jpg

The front and rear hanger eyes are horizontial (no pic but the rear is the same)
Dscn1554.jpg

The gear box just clears the front hanger bolt, the bracket looks out of square but the frame angles up.
Dscn1553.jpg

The next challange, figuring out the shocks. I think this is right but tell me if I'm being stoopid.
Dscn1550.jpg

Made these to attach the shocks to the tube.
Dscn1552.jpg

Nice. Really like how the front springs sit level. Might have to seriously consider going thru frame. Let me know when you find that pitman arm.

Sputnik40 said:
Nice. Really like how the front springs sit level. Might have to seriously consider going thru frame. Let me know when you find that pitman arm.
1980 something Jeep Wagoneer, works perfect. I decided to modify the drag link to fit the wagoneer TRE rather than drill the pitman arm and use a 80 TRE tapered insert.
I should have everything installed this weekend, I'll post pics.

Edit: The reason I modified the draglink was it had to be shortened any way. I got a Threaded insert fron Spidertrax (7/8" 18TPI LH), it will fit in a sleeve that will fit over the cut draglink.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom