THE new LC???!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya....but isn't the LX version going to be IRS?

In the NY autoshow press release, I heard the new LX would be based on the LC platform w/ 5.7L V8.

FYI, for the new 4Runner, Toyota built several test vehicles narrowed down from many candidates, all with slightly different exterior styling. Ditto for the interior. Different interior designs get pared down to a few which are built, then they mix & match to select the final one. I would imagine the same for the LC/LX.

you can't tell that silver one is a photochop?? a bad one at that

Front ends looks the same in both the silver and the black. Not sure if it's a Photochop but they sure look similar to me.

They look similiar to me too.

Fingers crossed that a real LC is still available in the USA after 2008.

uzj100

well, we dont know what is real or fake or photochopped until the real vehicle is released. The one posted in this thread goes more along with that test mule that was in europe, not the Oman/Aussie vehicle that was spotted. Either way, we dont know what is what for sure until they are released offically.

Like i put on club lexus, lets just all hold off on speculations for another few more days and we can find out whats really the dilly...at least for the LX, but i would assume the LC will be debuted around the same time.

Actually, we know that the pictures in the original post are an artist's rendition, otherwise known as a "photochop". While the test mule pics are at least real pics, though there may be changes to the production models.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/suvs/preview-2009-toyota-land-cruiser/

FYI, for the new 4Runner, Toyota built several test vehicles narrowed down from many candidates, all with slightly different exterior styling. Ditto for the interior. Different interior designs get pared down to a few which are built, then they mix & match to select the final one. I would imagine the same for the LC/LX.

Yeah every design goes to several full-size mockups (int/ext) but they don't go to full production build like the black one.

I was about to say the same thing.I will be at the show on Sunday.

you can't tell that silver one is a photochop?? a bad one at that

man, this is it
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/13/spy-shots-toyota-land-cruiser

landcruiserspy12.jpg

landcruiserspy.jpg

Can anyone explain for me the possible purpose of the rear bumper fins ?

Or why they didn't make the rear glass flush with the plane of the tail gate. It looks goofy to me.

Can anyone explain for me the possible purpose of the rear bumper fins ?

Or why they didn't make the rear glass flush with the plane of the tail gate. It looks goofy to me.

Dunno about the purpose of the bumper fins. But they look ugly as heck.

Also the fact that the glass does not level with the plane of the tail gate is ugly.

I hope that they make the rear glass an electric roll up and down like the 4Runner. I think it is a great feature that the 4Runner has.

I hope that they make the rear glass an electric roll up and down like the 4Runner. I think it is a great feature that the 4Runner has.

Please, nooooo! The tailgate/upper hatch setup is one of the best features of the LC, I would never give that up.

The reason the plastic fins are so tall is so they can hide the vent registers behind the plastic flanks (same as 4Runner and GX). I guess they don't like it at the d-pillar anymore

looks clearly like a split gate tradition & bonded rear hatch glass.
It is not a power rr window like the 4Runner. Most it could be is a flip-up but I dont see any mounting buttons in the glass.

I hope the USA version is different, there is something generic looking about the rear 3/4 view

Fire, would it be possible to have both?
Not that i am aware of. In the current 4runners the glass is part of the hatch, it retracts into the lower hatch area, which would be the tailgate of a LC. They are a one piece hatch, so you can either roll down the window or open the hatch or both. The 1st and 2nd gen 4runners had no upper hatch, just a window that you had to roll down (electric) into the tailgate, in order to open the tailgate. I had one and it was a real PITA to wait 15 seconds every time you wanted to get in the cargo area, especially when it was raining hard (common here in WA). Also, with those you didn't have a hatch over your head to protect you from the weather once the cargo area was opened.

Not that i am aware of. In the current 4runners the glass is part of the hatch, it retracts into the lower hatch area, which would be the tailgate of a LC. They are a one piece hatch, so you can either roll down the window or open the hatch or both. The 1st and 2nd gen 4runners had no upper hatch, just a window that you had to roll down (electric) into the tailgate, in order to open the tailgate. I had one and it was a real PITA to wait 15 seconds every time you wanted to get in the cargo area, especially when it was raining hard (common here in WA). Also, with those you didn't have a hatch over your head to protect you from the weather once the cargo area was opened.

Aha!!! Now it makes sense why you want both the tailgate and the upper hatch.............

I need to move to the WA area.... even with all the rain and stuff... Or I simply need to get out of ND.

The 1st and 2nd gen 4runners had no upper hatch, just a window that you had to roll down (electric) into the tailgate, in order to open the tailgate.

Older Blazers and Suburbans were similar and always had regulator/motor problems from trying to move such a large plate of glass. It also made the tailgates heavy to the point that they were difficult to operate as well as slow. Not soccer mom friendly.

I like the D pillar vents. Functional, stylish and now a LC tradition. 60-80-100. Too bad they appear to be missing.

It would be cool to have a power 3/4 window so the truck could be near convertable.

I used to love the old 4Runner tailgates (1st & 2nd gen) which Firetruck41 mentioned. The mindset goes something like this:
If your SUV has a tailgate, it's more of a truck.
If your SUV has a hatch, it's more of a minivan.
It always drove 3rd and 4th gen 4Runner owners crazy. :D

That being said, it does take about 15 seconds to lower the glass and it rains here in Portland too, so I definitely know what you're talking about, man.
The tailgate on the LX is so light compared to the 4Runner's. I can have my hands full of gear and close the tailgate by pushing it up with my knee.

I'm not too fond of the new LC... but then again every time a new bodystyle comes out (major change), half the people don't like it and half the people do. After the release, half those who didn't like it will eventually change their minds.

I used to love the old 4Runner tailgates (1st & 2nd gen) which Firetruck41 mentioned. The mindset goes something like this:
If your SUV has a tailgate, it's more of a truck.
If your SUV has a hatch, it's more of a minivan.
It always drove 3rd and 4th gen 4Runner owners crazy. :D

What if your SUV has a huge barn door, like the FJC and the GX470? Would it be considered a Chevy Caprice Wagon then? :flipoff2:

one thing that wont happen is the ambulance doors i want :frown:

Ambulance doors are cool, but their one drawback is if you have dirt on the rear, it will fall into the cargo area along the vertical seam of the doors the first time you open them.

Oh, and I guess the lack of rain protection could be construed as a bad thing, if you live in the Pacific Northwest... ;)

Being a user of both tailgate (1st gen 4runner) and 100 series split tail gate, the split tail gate is a brilliant concept for an outdoor vehicle. And, yes, I did live in WA for a year w/ the 4runner, and, yes, rain does get it. But the hatch on the 100 shields the interior from rain (tailgate might get a little wet, but no biggie). Also, you can sit on the tailgate to put on hiking boots or change the baby's diaper in the field; have offroad picnics; your pants don't get dirty from sitting on the seal for a full-sized hatch like on the current 4runner; most importantly, you don't lose any precious cargo space or have to push gear out of the way to sit.

I don't like the rear door like on the FJC or GX since it gives neither of the advantages of the full hatch or split tailgate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom