THE new LC???!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
mk7296_toyota_lc_01.jpg

mk7296_toyota_lc_02.jpg

Looks like it and overall I say not too bad. I still say it needs a couple more inches of 3/4 glass and something to chop the bumper fins. No whale fin out back so thats a plus and they didn't stoop to a hood scoop.

This will get moved to chat soon or maybe a new forum devoted to the coming LC wagon. Woody, are you listening ?

If some one could photochop it with an ARB, 33s and some Slee sliders I would love to see it.

Doesn't look like you can use after market bumpers since the bumpers are formed into the sheet metal. Doesn't look much different then the current model except for the 4runner bumpers. More of an evolution versus revelolution.

Those headlights look kind of BMW-ish. Looks like the front bumper seam goes from the corner light down to the wheel well diagonally, kind of like the little notch on the new Prado but more extreme. The corner/side valences on the rear bumper are also humongous. That's gonna be tricky making a bullbar and rear bar for that. Seems the Toyota SUV's side valences have evolved over the years from a little piece of plastic/sheet metal from the bumper (60/80) to more plastic (100) to boat-loads of plastic (GX470/Prado/4runner). At least on the new 4runner, those plastic panels snap into the body with special fasteners. Wonder if all of this is to save money by using less steel?

Front view looks like the GX. Side view looks more like a Toureag (sp?). It gets a big thumbs down at first glance because all the LC character was stripped.

i dunno about you guys, but i like my 98 lx a lot better. it may not have half the gizmos this LC and the new LX will have, but i think it looks a helluva lot better. just my .02

Well....if current lift gear fit on it, who cares? It might be 100 #2 for me instead. Sure won't need gears with that power too!

cant wait till next wednesday to see the LX unveiled...hopefully they work the tailights better and give it a nicer non bmw looking front end.

ill tell you guys when i go see it next friday at the NY International Auto Show...maybe they will mention it in the unveiling on the online broadcast on wednesday.

ill tell you guys when i go see it next friday at the NY International Auto Show...maybe they will mention it in the unveiling on the online broadcast on wednesday.

Cool. Well IRS would be the best thing they could do the LX here in the US. They have to keep up with ride quality. For me....it's a deal breaker. I'll wait for the SRA LC.

That looks humungous. It will be bigger than many minibuses running in Kathmandu. :D

Please take pictures of the new front suspension at the NY autoshow.

I think coilovers would be better than torsion bars however I could be completely wrong on that one.

THanks,

uzj100

Please take pictures of the new front suspension at the NY autoshow.

I think coilovers would be better than torsion bars however I could be completely wrong on that one.

THanks,

uzj100

For us....yes coilovers. For the US ride...T-bars. I want T-bars....same size and spec so I can outfit!

and a twin turbo diesel engine!

that is a photochop of a 100-series.

The real one was posted earlier - the black one from autoblog, parked next to a honda

well, we dont know what is real or fake or photochopped until the real vehicle is released. The one posted in this thread goes more along with that test mule that was in europe, not the Oman/Aussie vehicle that was spotted. Either way, we dont know what is what for sure until they are released offically.

Like i put on club lexus, lets just all hold off on speculations for another few more days and we can find out whats really the dilly...at least for the LX, but i would assume the LC will be debuted around the same time.

well, we dont know what is real or fake or photochopped until the real vehicle is released. The one posted in this thread goes more along with that test mule that was in europe, not the Oman/Aussie vehicle that was spotted. Either way, we dont know what is what for sure until they are released offically.

Like i put on club lexus, lets just all hold off on speculations for another few more days and we can find out whats really the dilly...at least for the LX, but i would assume the LC will be debuted around the same time.

your very right.. am guessing they realse couple of designs and see which had a better response from the people!! as the guys mentioned i want an LC that i could replace the front end with an ARB bumper! by the way there is diesel land cruisers in the Gulf area. soild axle in front also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom